Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

JMC-STL

RYD sign D-man Nikita Kolesnikovs

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Kolesnikovs' Elite Prospects profile ... https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/34660/nikita-kolesnikovs

An AIHL refugee jumping to the SPHL?  The old switcheroo.   🐨

It might just be easier to announce the countries or leagues he hasn't played for.

23 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

6'4 225 defensemen. Those that have seen Roanoke play the past 3 years know how small we have been. My wife and kids couldn't believe how big our team was Saturday night. And just got even bigger.

3 hours ago, PlayaHtr said:

6'4 225 defensemen. Those that have seen Roanoke play the past 3 years know how small we have been. My wife and kids couldn't believe how big our team was Saturday night. And just got even bigger.

Yup, but as you see the bigger you get usually means the slower you get.  So these huge guys need to use their big body's to slow down faster guys.  If they don't I believe they won't be around long.  After seeing the first game, I thought Colin Murray looked like a whole different player.  He was still pretty fast for a big guy but was throwing his body around a lot more.  I think this team will be fun to watch with the season going a long.

50 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Yup, but as you see the bigger you get usually means the slower you get.  So these huge guys need to use their big body's to slow down faster guys.  If they don't I believe they won't be around long.  After seeing the first game, I thought Colin Murray looked like a whole different player.  He was still pretty fast for a big guy but was throwing his body around a lot more.  I think this team will be fun to watch with the season going a long.

I agree on Murray I've always said he's too good for the SPHL I think the knock on him was being agressive, I watched some video on the new D-man. He doesn't look slow and has a cannon from the Blue Line.

15 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

I agree on Murray I've always said he's too good for the SPHL I think the knock on him was being agressive, I watched some video on the new D-man. He doesn't look slow and has a cannon from the Blue Line.

I'm thinking maybe a few of them won't be taking call ups.  Not sure why most of them wouldn't have been in ECHL camps if they wanted to be in the ECHL.  Especially a player like Murray who has played in the ECHL every previous year.  I also seen where Jeff Jones said this was his farewell tour.  We shall soon see who will be taking call ups when they call.

I am just going to call the new guy Koloff easier and his first name works with Koloff, too!!

3 minutes ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

I am just going to call the new guy Koloff easier and his first name works with Koloff, too!!

Cody Dion, Steve Mele, and Colin Murray was on Greg Roberts Live again today and talking about him. They say they all just call him Nick!!  Said he has a fast shot like hell but nobody ever knows where its going 😂😂.  Those guys are cracking me up on GRL.  Glad to see its going to be a weekly thing.