Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Transactions

14 hours ago, Hawkeye34 said:

Hopefully they will sign Schiavo he was released today from Evansville

I enjoyed watching Schiavo play during his short time in Fayetteville.  At the risk of getting mocked by the team owner I too would like to see him back.  I have to wonder why he was traded by Pensy after a few games and then released from EVV after 6 points in 6 games.

Edited to add: Mgt. didn't protect him after last season. Combine that with the fact the team seems to have plenty of forwards I wouldn't expect to see Schiavo in Fayetteville.  But it is ok with me for Kallechy to do what he feels best for the team.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

With Mazurek called up, Derek Brown could be taken off suspension. That is if he was placed there to stay within 19-man roster limitations. Or Casale could come off IR. We will just have to wait and see since we are all just arm chair quarterbacks here. 😁

Wishing Mazurek all the best in Atlanta - with former Fayetteville goalie Sean Bonar. Next call ups will probably be McCormick, Jeke, or Hauswirth.

41 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Next call ups will probably be McCormick, Jeke, or Hauswirth.

Agree 100% with McCormick and Jeke.  They are playing well.  Hauswirth hasn't been himself yet this year.  I look for him to get going soon. 

Edited to add: I seemed to remember Hauswirth got off to a great start last year.  I went back through the stats and he had 6 goals and 17 assists through the first 13 games last year.  If he can get on a run like that we err I mean the team could move up in the standings.  (I changed from we to the team 'cause I remembered MarksmenManiac expressed his displeasure with us fans referring to the team as we). 😎

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Haha 1

The Fayetteville Observer printed today that Derek Brown has retired from hockey.  Said he decided to go to school and get his degree.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

The Fayetteville Observer printed today that Derek Brown has retired from hockey.  Said he decided to go to school and get his degree.  

Seven pro games and retires? Wish him the best in school and his career.

Let us not forget that he came straight out of Junior A hockey.  Seven games played with 1 goal 2 assists.  Wish him best of luck.

• Like 1

No Shiavo in Fayetteville.   He signed a 3 day with Huntsville.  No matter though.  We need defense,  if Palmer is still out (concussion?), we will only have 4 d on ice again.

• Confused 1

From the transactions page today: Manny Gialedakis (C) signed a 3 game tryout.  He was released from 3 game with Pensacola on Dec 1.  Does this come as a result of us playing 2 forwards short during last game?

1 hour ago, pitch01 said:

From the transactions page today: Manny Gialedakis (C) signed a 3 game tryout.  He was released from 3 game with Pensacola on Dec 1.  Does this come as a result of us playing 2 forwards short during last game?

The current roster is full. The 3 game contract makes 20 bodies on the "official" roster. Game reports indicate there could be a player or two nursing injuries from last weekend.  Gialedakis could be insurance or a needed body for 3 games.

I have a gut feeling that one of the injured forwards will end up on th IR.  I base that on Casale being taken off the IR on Sunday.   I believe that happened after the game, but am not sure of the timing. 

Edited by pitch01
Changed the day from Saturday to Sunday

I don't think I have ever seen a player on a 3 game tryout get released before even playing in one game.  Anyone have any insight on this.

9 hours ago, pitch01 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a player on a 3 game tryout get released before even playing in one game.  Anyone have any insight on this.

Signed by Norfolk