Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Transactions

Anybody hear details on Jamie Hill waived?  Thought you would see somebody sign him but not yet!

So glad to see they signed Osaka. Plays with intensity and heart. Not to mention has the ability to score

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 6:08 PM, Greg81102 said:

Anybody hear details on Jamie Hill waived?  Thought you would see somebody sign him but not yet!

Hill has signed to Diez Germany to play for the Rockets for the remainder for the 18-19 season.

20 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

Hill has signed to Diez Germany to play for the Rockets for the remainder for the 18-19 season.

Wonder why they didn't place him on team suspension then?  Now he can come back and play for anyone.  Unless, he decided to play over there after they cut him.

16 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Wonder why they didn't place him on team suspension then?  Now he can come back and play for anyone.  Unless, he decided to play over there after they cut him.

It was after being cut.

• Like 1

Yeah whole situation seems weird. Hill is a pretty good player, I wonder what was going on where no other SPHL team picked him up off waivers?

3 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

Yeah whole situation seems weird. Hill is a pretty good player, I wonder what was going on where no other SPHL team picked him up off waivers?

I'm guessing teams might have been interested but he already had other plans.  No use getting him off waiver wire and losing your spot in the rotation if he is never going to play for you.

• Like 2

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – The headline for the Marksmen early-on in their second season in the Southern Professional Hockey League has surrounded their mostly-rookie core group. While lead on the ice by veteran Jake Hauswirth, many of the returning guys for the Marksmen have only played a couple seasons tops.

That narrative changes a bit today, as the team officially announces the signing of six-year professional hockey player Zach Tatrn.

Tatrn, a 6’2 205 pound forward from Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania most recently played with Roanoke, and faced Fayetteville during this season’s exhibition game.

Playing two seasons with the Rail Yard Dawgs, Tatrn found his way to 40 points (18G+22A) in 68 games played. He started with the Dawgs after winning the Commissioner’s Cup with the Port Huron Prowlers of the Federal Hockey League, being called up in the 2016-2017 season.

After starting his professional hockey career with the Knoxville Ice Bears in the 2012-2013 season following five seasons of high-level Junior Hockey (four years OHL, one year USHL / NAHL).

Following that season in Knoxville, Tatrn would spend his next three seasons in the FHL, splitting time with the Steel City Warriors, Danbury Titans, and Prowlers. Tatrn was a standout in the FHL, accumulating 96 points (33G+63A) in 101 games played.

Now Tatrn looks to call the Rail Yard Dawgs’ rival, Fayetteville, home. Tatrn, making the trip to the All-American City earlier, finds himself heading to the Midwest for a pivotal weekend for the Marksmen to have a measuring stick.

An opportunity that Tatrn is heavily looking forward to – finding his fit.

“I’m excited to be a part of the team. Adter talking with Coach Kallechy, I feel like it’s a good fit and he likes the way I play the game,” said Tatrn “It means a lot that he feels I can create on offense, be defensively responsible, and bring veteran leadership to a younger team”

Tatrn will have a short-time to learn the Marksmen’s systems, but his knowledge and experience in this league will be a big addition for the young roster.

We welcome Zach Tatrn to the Marksmen, and excitedly await his impact.

14 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Max Cook signed. Great pick up! 👍

Official!! I agree, great signing.

Nov. 13, 2018

Derek Brown (F) activated from IR

Max Cook (RW) signed contract

Michael Casale (F) placed on 21-day IR

• Like 1