Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Transactions

Recommended Posts

 

McMartin was released by Atlanta today. If he clears waivers it's a short trip down I-75 to Macon to join the team this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

McMartin was released by Atlanta today. If he clears waivers it's a short trip down I-75 to Macon to join the team this weekend.

With Bowen called up, if he doesn't return in time, I wouldnt be surprised to see Jeke or Fregeau play forward. Which in turn would allow McMartin to play defense. Just a thought. 

 

Still waiting to see who backs up Kelley. No announcement yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

With Bowen called up, if he doesn't return in time, I wouldnt be surprised to see Jeke or Fregeau play forward. Which in turn would allow McMartin to play defense. Just a thought. 

 

Still waiting to see who backs up Kelley. No announcement yet.

They mentioned on the coaches show that " a college kid would be coming in for a couple of weeks as back up goalie and then he had to get back to college"  Not sure why he'd have to go back but coach expects Perry back in a couple of weeks.

I didn't think of Jeke or Fregeau playing forward-- good point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
18 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

They mentioned on the coaches show that " a college kid would be coming in for a couple of weeks as back up goalie and then he had to get back to college"  Not sure why he'd have to go back but coach expects Perry back in a couple of weeks.

I didn't think of Jeke or Fregeau playing forward-- good point.

Some of these kids aren't done with school yet.  Still have some things to finish to get degree.  The teachers or college will work with them and let them come play professional hockey to see if it could be in their future if they have a shot.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Nathan Perry released from Stingrays so he may be headed back to Fayetteville if he doesn't get picked up by another team. Moore played well in net on Saturday until the 3rd period. He made some great saves and definitely has pro potential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

ECHL Transactions :

3/4/19

FBrian Bowen released from Adirondack

DBrandon McMartin released from Florida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RapidFire19 said:

ECHL Transactions :

3/4/19

FBrian Bowen released from Adirondack

DBrandon McMartin released from Florida

It will be interesting to see who gets the short end if they both clear waivers and get back to Fayetteville for the weekend games.   My opinion (which really means nothing) is that 2 forwards will have to go since we only have 5 d now.  Any thoughts on who will go? I am only thinking that two forwards will have to sit out due to the fact there are 2 forwards on 3 game contracts.

Edited by pitch01
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
50 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

It will be interesting to see who gets the short end if they both clear waivers and get back to Fayetteville for the weekend games.   My opinion (which really means nothing) is that 2 forwards will have to go since we only have 5 d now.  Any thoughts on who will go? I am only thinking that two forwards will have to sit out due to the fact there are 2 forwards on 3 game contracts.

My guess will be the 2 on the 3 game contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

3/11/19 

BREAKING: Back again by popular demand, we've signed Joe Osaka to another Three-Game Tryout!

Osaka was a puck-hound in Friday night's win over Macon, and will lead us into a potentially huge weekend against Quad City.

I think Osaka deserves to be signed to a full contract again.  He has played hard since the start of the season.  I know he was hurt, but he seemed ok now.  Also, I was impressed with Zach White over the weekend.  Lot of speed and energy and seemed to fit in with offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
27 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

I think Osaka deserves to be signed to a full contract again.  He has played hard since the start of the season.  I know he was hurt, but he seemed ok now.  Also, I was impressed with Zach White over the weekend.  Lot of speed and energy and seemed to fit in with offense.

I like Osaka and wish there was a place for him. If Kallechy was to put Osaka on a SPC he would need to let Tatrn (he has sat out 4 of last 6 games) or maybe Price (sat out the last 2 games) go.  After 5 1/2 months with these guys Kallechy knows who will help the most come playoff time.  If Osaka can have a big weekend against QC maybe he will get put on a SPC.:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
42 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

ECHL Transaction  

3/12/19

(FSam Wilbur released from Rapid City

If he clears waivers it'll be interesting to see who Kallechy cuts to make room for him.  He is a center and out of these 4 we all know who would have to go if a center goes-- Hauswirth, Keilich, Mazurek, Tatrn 

 

Edited by Make Marky GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×
×
  • Create New...