Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Transactions

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

ECHL Transaction  

3/12/19

(FSam Wilbur released from Rapid City

Wow.  Coach will have a plethora of forwards this weekend if Wilbur clears waivers.  Are  Osaka and White (both 3gamers) required to be played or can they be scratched (or released) if coach so desired.  If they must play, that would mean that Tatrn, Pryce, possibly Wilbur, and one more would have to sit out the first game.  My choices of who would probably sit is based on who sat out last weekend.  Anyone have ideas on this ?  I do not believe this is the time to take a chance on team chemistry going awry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

If he clears waivers it'll be interesting to see who Kallechy cuts to make room for him.  He is a center and out of these 4 we all know who would have to go if a center goes-- Hauswirth, Keilich, Mazurek, Tatrn 

 

Put one on IR to hold him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
56 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

Wow.  Coach will have a plethora of forwards this weekend if Wilbur clears waivers.  Are  Osaka and White (both 3gamers) required to be played or can they be scratched (or released) if coach so desired.  If they must play, that would mean that Tatrn, Pryce, possibly Wilbur, and one more would have to sit out the first game.  My choices of who would probably sit is based on who sat out last weekend.  Anyone have ideas on this ?  I do not believe this is the time to take a chance on team chemistry going awry. 

I think if Wilbur clears waivers and makes it to Fayetteville this weekend he'll be in the line-up. Coach traded for his rights for a reason.  He'll want to get him in the flow so to speak to get him ready for the playoffs IMO. Interesting question about whether Osaka and White have to be in the line-up by rule- I don't know the answer.  Like Vette mentioned if someone is banged up -wink- wink- maybe they could go on IR.  It's a good place for the team to be in- too much talent vs too little.:popcorn:

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

I think if Wilbur clears waivers and makes it to Fayetteville this weekend he'll be in the line-up. Coach traded for his rights for a reason.  He'll want to get him in the flow so to speak to get him ready for the playoffs IMO. Interesting question about whether Osaka and White have to been in the line-up by rule- I don't know the answer.  Like Vette mentioned if someone is banged up -wink- wink- maybe they could go on IR.  It's a good place for the team to be in- too much talent vs too little.:popcorn:

I agree with your thinking on Wilbur.  Tatrn would seem to be the best choice for IR. (IMO) He has been out of a lot of recent games .  It's nice to have problems of too much talent, but the solution is no easy by any means. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
36 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

  Are  Osaka and White (both 3gamers) required to be played or can they be scratched (or released) if coach so desired. 

A player does not have to play all 3 games on a 3-game tryout. However, all 3 games a team plays over that span count towards the 3 game total. So it's effectively "use 'em or lose 'em".

Edited by PlannedObsolescence
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
45 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

If he clears waivers it'll be interesting to see who Kallechy cuts to make room for him.  He is a center and out of these 4 we all know who would have to go if a center goes-- Hauswirth, Keilich, Mazurek, Tatrn 

 

Hausy can play left wing.....still doesn't change the fact that we have to many forwards. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

A player does not have to play all 3 games on a 3-game tryout. However, all 3 games a team plays over that span count towards the 3 game total. So it's effectively "use 'em or lose 'em".

 

Do you have a source for that info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Tatrn being waived does not surprise me.  He  has not played in 4 out of six games and was expendable with Wilbur coming on board. Of course Wilbur has not officially been added,  but when he is, we will still have to have to sit another skater to get legal for the game.  will be interesting

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

Tatrn being waived does not surprise me.  He  has not played in 4 out of six games and was expendable with Wilbur coming on board. Of course Wilbur has not officially been added,  but when he is, we will still have to have to sit another skater to get legal for the game.  will be interesting

 

 

If playoffs allow the 19 roster spots that regular season does, they will still have cut 2 more forwards before then. Since Fregeau was traded for Wilbur, shouldn't have to cut someone. However, McMartin is here now so that probably took up the spot for Wilbur. 

White has only showed me his speed. No pts in 2 games with 1 more to go on his 3 gamer. If we do have to let someone go to allow Wilbur to play, it will probably be him or Osaka (since they are our 3 gamers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, RapidFire19 said:

If playoffs allow the 19 roster spots that regular season does, they will still have cut 2 more forwards before then. Since Fregeau was traded for Wilbur, shouldn't have to cut someone. However, McMartin is here now so that probably took up the spot for Wilbur. 

White has only showed me his speed. No pts in 2 games with 1 more to go on his 3 gamer. If we do have to let someone go to allow Wilbur to play, it will probably be him or Osaka (since they are our 3 gamers).

Coach mentioned on the coaches show that White had to get back to college soon.  I take it he wouldn't be available for the playoffs. If I'm looking at the roster correctly Tatrn's spot will be filled with Wilbur or Osaka.  Coach also mentioned he would have to talk with WIlbur to see if they could reach a "mutual agreement" about him coming in.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
3 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

White was on an amateur tryout. Are they limited to three or another amount of games?

3 games.  But you get so many a year so they can sign him to it multiple times or atleast can sign him to a 3 game contract again.  Not sure if they are still considered amateurs after signing the first 3 game amateur contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

I wouldn't think that coach would waive Tartn if he wasn't sure of Wilbur coming in. A lot could have transpired between coaches show and a cut being made today.  IMO 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

White was on an amateur tryout. Are they limited to three or another amount of games?

Peoria has signed Mitchell McPherson to an ATO on March 3 and again on March 11. So multiple ATO's are possible as are PTO's (see Osaka).   A single ATO or PTO contract is limited to 3 games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

White was on an amateur tryout. Are they limited to three or another amount of games?

 

12 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

3 games.  But you get so many a year so they can sign him to it multiple times or atleast can sign him to a 3 game contract again.  Not sure if they are still considered amateurs after signing the first 3 game amateur contract.

 

32 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Peoria has signed Mitchell McPherson to an ATO on March 3 and again on March 11. So multiple ATO's are possible as are PTO's (see Osaka).   A single ATO or PTO contract is limited to 3 games.  

I spoke with Havoc staff about the above posts. An ATO and a PTO consists of 3 games. Whether the player plays in those 3 games does not matter- once a team's 3 game span is up, the ATO or PTO is over (unless of course the player gets released before the 3 games are up). Each team has a max of 5 ATOs allotted. A player can be signed for up to 3 consecutive ATOs (i.e. a total of 9 games) without counting against the 19-man team roster (but of course only 18 can dress each game) or the salary cap. He is not paid a salary but is paid a per diem rate, which is why he can still sign an ATO (or up to 2 more) and still be considered an "amateur". Doc

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
6 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

Does anyone know what the situation is with Wilbur?

Not sure, MMGM said Kallechy mentioned in coaches show that he would talk to Wilbur......only saw one player in stands tonight, but believe it was Pryce since he is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 

Mr Ed was one of my favorite shows growing up. As an adult I learn he was really a Zebra.  It think that still accounts for some of my trust issues.😉https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mister-ed-zebra/

Speaking of Zebras, Erik Krasnichuk was the ref in Fayetteville last night.  Turrible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×
×
  • Create New...