Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Greg81102

GDT Fayetteville @ Roanoke 10/26/18 7:05pm et

Recommended Posts

Home game tonight.  Its Fan's Choice Jersey Night.  Where one fan's jersey they've made was voted to be the best and will be worn by the players and auctioned off after the game.  Come out and support your Dawgs!!

Gameday Central Notes

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Home game tonight.  Its Fan's Choice Jersey Night.  Where one fan's jersey they've made was voted to be the best and will be worn by the players and auctioned off after the game.  Come out and support your Dawgs!!

Gameday Central Notes

 

 

 

 

There was a familiar face there tonight, starts with a Joe ends with a Sova. 

 

Other than that the team as a whole looked off tonight, I know they haven't played together much so not sounding the alarm just yet.

Edited by HockeyRoanoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

There was a familiar face there tonight, starts with a Joe ends with a Sova. 

 

Other than that the team as a whole looked off tonight, I know they haven't played together much so not sounding the alarm just yet.

Sova has been around since training camp, he is working with the Dawgs off the ice this year don't know in what capacity though. We will score a lot of goals this year, hopefully the defense can gel quickly. Some unlucky bounces on a couple of Barones goals he allowed tonight. Nothing to be worried about 3 games into the season. Still excited about this year. Best team we have put on the ice in the 3 years we've had to the Dawgs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

Sova has been around since training camp, he is working with the Dawgs off the ice this year don't know in what capacity though. We will score a lot of goals this year, hopefully the defense can gel quickly. Some unlucky bounces on a couple of Barones goals he allowed tonight. Nothing to be worried about 3 games into the season. Still excited about this year. Best team we have put on the ice in the 3 years we've had to the Dawgs.

Not anything that you can't fix, its still way early.  But what disappointed me was what i call effort and Bremner prides his team on, physicality.  Nobody was out there finishing their checks.  Like I said earlier, you can be as big of a team as you want but if those big guys don't use that body, those faster little guys are going to skate circles around you like we saw Fayetteville doing to us in our offensive zone creating chance after chance without being able to get the puck out of the zone.  You can also tell its a slow checking night when your top hit of the night was a video of the other team throwing a check to your guy but getting nowhere with it.  Another thing with effort, last year everyone was getting down blocking shots.  This year I might see one or two good blocks a game so far.  But like I said, its way too early to panic but just a few observations I noticed in tonight's game.  We have a long way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after that crazy first period the team looked tired. I’m sure some of the players are still trying to get their legs under them again. Like others have said, nothing to worry about. However, Fayetteville is not the same team from last year and they definitely will not be a guaranteed win for the Dawgs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also must add.  They didn't lose us the game because the referee was awful for everyone.  But he sucked.  If someone hit the ice no matter what happened, he made up a penalty in his head to put someone in the penalty box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×