Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Rail Yard Dawgs come up short in wild, high-scoring game with Marksmen

Rail Yard Dawgs come up short in wild, high-scoring game with Marksmen

By Aaron McFarling - The Times

On a rare week where each team is only playing one game, the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs and Fayetteville Marksmen provided enough offense for a whole series in a single night.

Unfortunately for Roanoke, the scoring spree went Fayetteville’s way.

The Marksmen netted the final three goals of a wild game, defeating the Dawgs 8-5 on Friday in front of an announced crowd of 2,518 at the Berglund Center.

“Really disappointing,” Roanoke coach Dan Bremner said. “That was a choice. We’re a far more skilled team, but we allowed them to outwork us. That’s all it was.

“It’s not individual defensemen. It’s not goaltending. It’s the whole team.”

Read more at: https://www.roanoke.com/sports/roanoke_rail_yard_dawgs/sphl-rail-yard-dawgs-come-up-short-in-shootout-with/article_ee1ad56e-8f28-5984-b8f2-6de215b6fdb7.html

Bremner with some good quotes, but these are his guys. He is the kind of guy who will churn the roster until he gets the work ethic he wants. Gonna be an interesting first part of the season.

Exactly what I wanted to see.  Bremner is always a straight forward guy who tells it like it is.  I'm definately not worried about it.  He will figure things out and turn the boys around or find some guys who will.  Like he said though.  Tough one having no game for another week and home game for two weeks.  But I have my faith in the team and coach!  Go Dawgs!!!

• Like 1