Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Anybody have video of the fights toward the end of last nights game? Trying to add them to the Dawg Park site. The game broadcast apparently cut off at the perfect time and missed the fights. Also anyone know who Dion was fighting?

Edited by roanokehockeyhistory

10 minutes ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

Anybody have video of the fights toward the end of last nights game? Trying to add them to the Dawg Park site. The game broadcast apparently cut off at the perfect time and missed the fights. Also anyone know who Dion was fighting?

Per pointstreak: 

Period 3

Roanoke - Cody Dion - (Fighting (Aggressor)) (Game Misconduct) (46.2), 10 MIN, 8:24
Roanoke - Steve Mele - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 8:24
Roanoke - Steve Mele - (Continuing Altercation) (Misconduct), 10 MIN, 8:24
Roanoke - Cody Dion - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 8:24
Fayetteville - Joe Osaka - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 8:24
Fayetteville - Joe Osaka - (Continuing Altercation) (Misconduct), 10 MIN, 8:24

54 minutes ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

Not sure who Dion was fighting, but whoever it was didn't want any and Dion dropped his gloves and punched him.  Doesn't show up in boxscore, the guy didn't get 5 for fighting.

6 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

The one Dion was fighting is Taylor Pryce, but still found no video of either fight.

4 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

How did you figure that out?

Hockey fights website.  Has it posted but no video.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:56 PM, Greg81102 said:

Hockey fights website.  Has it posted but no video.

ok thanks, I checked hockeyfights a day or two ago and they didnt have Dion listed but did have Mele, wish I could find video 

I'm pretty sure video will surface they replayed both on the jumbotron while they were sorting the penalties. I'm pretty sure the SPHL Live feed has the video.

57 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Is this the first Dawg to be suspended in the history of the team?

I'm pretty sure Jeremy Beirnes was suspended once.

I found Jeremy's suspension.

From the SPHL website: 

March 13, 2017
4:19 PM EDT
471211_small.jpg

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (March 13, 2017) - The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) on Monday announced the following suspension:

Roanoke’s Jeremy Beirnes has been suspended for two games as a result of his actions in Game 227, Roanoke at Huntsville, played on Friday, March 10.

Beirnes was suspended under Rule #28 – Supplementary Discipline as a result of his elbowing penalty at 12:42 of the first period.

Beirnes sat out Roanoke’s game at Mississippi (Saturday, March 11) and will miss their game against Peoria on Friday, March 17

54 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

I'm pretty sure Jeremy Beirnes was suspended once.

I was thinking that he got suspended but I couldn't remember!

4 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

That's a bit of an overreaction. 

The suspension is because he got a piece of the ref in the process of pummeling Pryce.

I'm thinking more of suspension for punching the guy in the face not wanting to fight him.  The guy we got from QC did the samething last year against Peoria and it was a suspension also.  I could be wrong but i've seen lots of SPHL fights that it looks like ref gets in the way and takes a few punches indirectly but no suspension.

Here is Henley's 5 game suspension and the other guy even had his gloves off.

Here is another from Jake Schultz chasing down and hitting Alec Hagaman in Peoria and QC and then at the end looks like he was pushing and abusing the ref some.  But no suspension.

I am going by what Dion was telling everyone at the Booster Clubs welcome party for the team on Sunday, so while that might not be the official reason for the suspension, it is the reason Cody was pretty confident he was going to be suspended.

2 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

I am going by what Dion was telling everyone at the Booster Clubs welcome party for the team on Sunday, so while that might not be the official reason for the suspension, it is the reason Cody was pretty confident he was going to be suspended.

Yea, could have been.  I'm sure him already being suspended multiple times before didn't help his case any.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, PlayaHtr said:

I'm pretty sure video will surface they replayed both on the jumbotron while they were sorting the penalties. I'm pretty sure the SPHL Live feed has the video.

no the feed is missing that entirely, like it was cut out or something malfunctioned, was first place I checked was hoping someone caught it on a cell phone

2 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

no the feed is missing that entirely, like it was cut out or something malfunctioned, was first place I checked was hoping someone caught it on a cell phone

It was caught on camera somewhere.  They kept playing it over and over while there was a break in play to figure out the penalties.  But i'm sure its a different camera then the one that is on the SPHL feed.

He moved the linesman out of the way aggressively. My son made the comment immediately after he felt Dion would get disciplined. I guess he was right.

Edited by RYDSPHLFAN