Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

HockeyRoanoke

Jacob Caffrey signed

1 hour ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147/news_511019

Guess we shouldn't expect Barone back anytime soon, huh?

Not looking good, Tucson is still holding onto 3 goalies.  Not sure if one is just banged up and not playing or they are just holding onto all three.  Have games Friday and Saturday nights.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Not looking good, Tucson is still holding onto 3 goalies.  Not sure if one is just banged up and not playing or they are just holding onto all three.  Have games Friday and Saturday nights.

Here's a story on their two primary goalies, who seem to share time equally.

It doesn't explain the third goalie - out of Hartford - Merrick Madison, who hasn't played in Tuscon. The transaction log of 10/27 says he was "reassigned by Arizona from Norfolk."  I can't find an explanation as to why. Looks like he is big time prospect that Arizona really likes, but if they're not going to play him in Tuscon, send him back to Norfolk, where he can see playing time.

Last week's story

Edited by Roanokehockey

11 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

Here's a story on their two primary goalies, who seem to share time equally.

It doesn't explain the third goalie - out of Hartford - Merrick Madison, who hasn't played in Tuscon. The transaction log of 10/27 says he was "reassigned by Arizona from Norfolk."  I can't find an explanation as to why. Looks like he is big time prospect that Arizona really likes, but if they're not going to play him in Tuscon, send him back to Norfolk, where he can see playing time.

Last week's story

Only thing I can think of is he's been impressive in Norfolk.  Played two games in Norfolk and posted a shutout in game one and gave up 1 goal in game two.  Maybe they had a goalie struggling or injured but not enough to be placed on IR.  I do know the called up goalie Madsen dressed last game and was the back up.  Other then that im clueless.

I also know Miska started with Madsen the backup.  Miska is also the brother of the Miska on our team.