Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Transactions

43 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

1/3/19

Quad City Levine, Eric (G) returned from loan to ECHL Fort Wayne

Interesting twist to this transaction.  ECHL transactions shows Levine was claimed off waivers by NewFoundland so maybe he is not headed back to Quad City after all.  Storm Phaneuf of Peoria was released by Brampton so if he returns that gives Peoria 3 goalies including the just traded for from QC Ryan Mulder.  It makes me wonder if Peoria will trade Ryan Mulder back to Quad City?  I've never noticed but do SPHL coaches get grey hair at an early age?

Casale From Fayetteville

The Quad City Storm have traded the Fayetteville Marksmen for forward Michale Casale in exchange for future considerations.  Casale, 25, is a native of Stoney Creek, Ontario and is playing his first year of professional hockey. 

This season he has tallied 2 goals and 2 assists through 16 games and has recorded a +1 on-ice rating.

The Storm are in action this weekend in Peoria for the tenth and eleventh battles in the #ColdWarOn74 versus the Rivermen!

Also,

Quad City Caligiuri, Vincent (RW) placed on waivers

On 1/25/2019 at 3:05 PM, RapidFire19 said:

1/25/19

Quad City Nimanis, Kristaps (D) placed on 30 day IR
Quad City Mulder, Ryan (G) signed contract

I have followed transactions for years and many have confused me, but resigning Mulder made no sense. 3 good games in the SP against the bolts, is not a proven track record. Should have stuck with the kid from the fed and seen what he could bring to the team.

@SP follower: Welcome to SPHL Forums.

Mulder has been a temporary solution for 4 pro hockey teams since he left college, and both the QC & the PEO head coaches are very aware of the talent pool at this level.  So I reckon the SPHL teams were using him just to fill a gap while waiting for a permanent goaltending solution.

Storm Acquire Yakura, Gaul and Rights To Widmar From Peoria for Hervey

The Quad City Storm has traded forward Austin Hervey to the Peoria Rivermen in exchange for Stephen Gaul, Dean Yakura and the rights for Joseph Widmar.

Yakura is a 9th year pro and has recorded four goals and seven assists in 36 games this season with Peoria.  Gaul, a rookie, started the season with FHL Danville and has played in 13 games since his call up with Peoria.  In his time in the SPHL he has earned three goals, three assists and a +8 on ice rating.

To make room for Yakura and Gaul the Storm has released Patrick Harrison.