Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Transactions

Cal Miska signed to 3 game contract with Pensacola.  Lets hope that don't come back to bite us like releasing Roberts Locans did against us in Knoxville game.  Glad he gets a shot, he is definately good enough to play in this league.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, Greg81102 said:

Cal Miska signed to 3 game contract with Pensacola.  Lets hope that don't come back to bite us like releasing Roberts Locans did against us in Knoxville game.  Glad he gets a shot, he is definitely good enough to play in this league.

Unless they have been told someone in the ECHL is going to be released and sent back down. Some of these moves make no sense. Have we just given up on being physical? Miska may not have been the most skilled guy on the team but I never seen him take a shift where he didn't skate hard.

1 hour ago, PlayaHtr said:

Unless they have been told someone in the ECHL is going to be released and sent back down. Some of these moves make no sense. Have we just given up on being physical? Miska may not have been the most skilled guy on the team but I never seen him take a shift where he didn't skate hard.

I believe we have giving up on being physical.  In the last game QC took it to us laying people out.  I thought that would be us this year, but it hasn't been.  Miska had 3 goals in two games so far in Pensacola.

• Sad 1

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147/news_515279

JUSTIN LEVAC ACQUIRED FROM MACON

Dawgs swap defenseman Brian Rowland for veteran Mayhem forward

ROANOKE, Va. – The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs have acquired forward Justin Levac from the Macon Mayhem in exchange for defenseman Brian Rowland in advance of Monday’s SPHL trade deadline.

Levac is in his first season with the Mayhem and his ninth as a professional. He first turned pro in the 2010-11 season after playing the majority of his junior hockey in the Major Junior OHL. Since joining the professional ranks, Levac has appeared in 409 games across the CHL, ECHL, FHL and SPHL. The 29-year-old crossed the 400 game milestone this season with the Mayhem where he has four goals, 21 assists and a +18 plus/minus over 41 games played.

Rowland is in his second pro season out of Norwich University, both of which have come with the Rail Yard Dawgs. He appeared in 16 games in the 2017-18 season around an IR stint and this season has seven goals and 12 assists in 41 games for Roanoke this year.

The Rail Yard Dawgs return to the ice on Friday night in Pensacola against the Ice Flyers. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:35 PM CST at the Pensacola Bay Center and the pregame show begins at 7:20 PM on the Haley Toyota Rail Yard Dawgs Hockey Network.

2 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Not sure how i feel about this

I think it's a good move. A veteran center since Witzel is injured, plus we have 7 d-men, making Rowland expendable. 

Its a good move for this year I believe.  We get a veteran center that has over 400 games played.  Only negative is with 400 games played, not sure how long someone can hold on to him with the veteran rule.  Rowland only had 41 games played so he still is able to play for awhile.  Also Rowland was then traded from Macon to QC for Danny Cesarz.

14 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Its a good move for this year I believe.  We get a veteran center that has over 400 games played.  Only negative is with 400 games played, not sure how long someone can hold on to him with the veteran rule.  Rowland only had 41 games played so he still is able to play for awhile.  Also Rowland was then traded from Macon to QC for Danny Cesarz.

I would have preferred Cesarz 

Danny Cesarz hasn't even played for a good while because of a concussion.  Not too sure on his timetable to return.

DAWGS SIGN CARBONARA, OWENS

Forwards added to roster prior to weekend set in Pensaola

ROANOKE, Va. – The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs have signed forward Adrian Carbonara to a contract and added forward Cam Owens on an amateur tryout contract.

Carbonara opened the season, his first as a professional, in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones. He was traded to the Brampton Beast in December after appearing in seven games with Cincinnati. Carbonara had one goal in 20 games for the Beast. He played four seasons in the Major Junior OHL with the Barrie Colts, London Knights and Niagara Ice Dogs. Carbonara finished his junior career with 27 goals and 31 assists in 196 games.

Owens joins the Rail Yard Dawgs for his first taste of professional hockey. He recently completed his college career at Plattsburgh State in New York where he had 22 goals and 48 assists over 92 games. During his senior season he had eight goals and seven assists over 25 games for the Cardinals, who fell in the semifinals of the SUNYAC tournament.

The Rail Yard Dawgs are on the ice this weekend in Florida for a pair of games against the Pensacola Ice Flyers. Friday’s puck drop is scheduled for 7:35 PM CST at the Pensacola Bay Center and the pregame show on the Haley Toyota Rail Yard Dawgs Hockey Network begins at 7:20 PM CST.

Carbonara https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/234463/adrian-carbonara

Owens : https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/271376/cam-owens

March 14, 2019 - South Carolina (ECHL) releases defenseman Cam Bakker.

14 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

March 14, 2019 - South Carolina (ECHL) releases defenseman Cam Bakker.

This could be huge for our playoff run. He is a game changer. Also Zane Schartz was released from his ECHL team yesterday, another former Liberty dman. Could be 2 very nice pickups for the dawgs!

2 hours ago, evanlang11 said:

This could be huge for our playoff run. He is a game changer. Also Zane Schartz was released from his ECHL team yesterday, another former Liberty dman. Could be 2 very nice pickups for the dawgs!

With a name like that he must have to carry around an extra set of underwear!  😂  Sorry I couldn't resist that one.  I'm sure he has probably hears something like that often.

• Haha 1