Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Cam Bakker waived by South Carolina.

Wonder if coach had a heads up about this yesterday?

8 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

Not sure, but did notice that Lane King is listed on Elite prospects as a forward and defenseman.  By his point output i'd say mostly forward.

3 hours ago, vicvegas said:

I would say yes, I'm sure Cam is on his way to Roanoke as we speak.

I sure hope so. I would feel pretty good with Bakker, Rowland, Bauer and Federow as our core D.

16 minutes ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

I sure hope so. I would feel pretty good with Bakker, Rowland, Bauer and Federow as our core D.

Me too, but would still be nice to get a defenseman with a few years playing under his belt.  Knew it was going to be tough losing Schneider and Sova but didn't count on it being this bad.  Might take Bakker awhile to get in game shape from riding the reserve in SC.  But very happy if we get him back.

14 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Not sure, but did notice that Lane King is listed on Elite prospects as a forward and defenseman.  By his point output i'd say mostly forward.

We waived Miska to make room for King. I would assume Bakker and another D-man will be signed.

Just announced:

ROANOKE, Va. – The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs announced on Tuesday that defensemen Cam Bakker and Vojtech Zemlicka have each been signed to contracts.

Bakker opened the season with the ECHL’s South Carolina Stingrays but did not appear in a game before being released on Monday. He played 25 games for the Dawgs last season and finished with one goal, 12 assists and a +4 plus/minus rating. A graduate of nearby Liberty University, Bakker is in his second season as a professional. He was placed on the Roanoke protected list following the 2017-18 season

Zemlicka began the 2018-19 campaign with the Knoxville Ice Bears and played in two games while recording one assist. The 23-year-old Czech Republic native also played 34 games with the Mississippi RiverKings last season and had a goal and 16 assists. During his time with the RiverKings he was a teammate of current Rail Yard Dawg Dillan Fox.

Announcement

• Like 2