Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Evansville @ Roanoke 11/9/18 7:05 pm et.

First of two games this weekend starting tonight at 7:05 against the Evansville Thunderbolts who beat Fayetteville 5-3 last night in Evansville to give them their only two wins on the season and a two game win streak.  Come out and support our Dawgs and make sure to pick you up a new Cody Dion Big Nasty  t shirt.

That was an awesome game from the Dawgs.  They even robbed us of a goal. Why do the refs not even go talk to the goal judge who has a way better view then them and signaled goal?  It obviously went all the way in the goal and right back out.  I had a perfect view of it.  But enough about that, I loved how the guys played.  Defense was 100% better and Bakker was a huge part of that.  Great having him back.  Guyon is on fire and everytime he touches the puck there is a chance he will score.  Great game by our young goaltender, Tanner Creel.   Hope what ever happened to Dillan Fox isn't major.  Game tomorrow night should be a good one.  Hope someone takes care of Wright tomorrow and whoever got his glove lit it on fire!!!  😂😂

• Like 3

That first period was the best 20 minutes the Dawgs have played in the past 3 years.  A bit of a let down at the start of the 2nd, but then closed really strong.

Fun game to watch.

Saturday night should be a classic!!!!

• Like 3

As usual, Coach Dan came out on the concourse after the game to thank the fans for their support.

His comments started with "we're getting there."

I told them the first 20 minutes was just about as good as it gets, he quickly replied that he didn't like the way we came out in the second period, which was certainly fair. I think he is going to demand perfection from the guys, which can be nothing but good.

Let's get the sweep Saturday night!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

As usual, Coach Dan came out on the concourse after the game to thank the fans for their support.

His comments started with "we're getting there."

I told them the first 20 minutes was just about as good as it gets, he quickly replied that he didn't like the way we came out in the second period, which was certainly fair. I think he is going to demand perfection from the guys, which can be nothing but good.

Let's get the sweep Saturday night!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

Really good coach.  He isn't afraid to make changes and isn't going stay complacent with losing.  Thought that was the biggest problem with Ftorek.  I have all the faith in Bremner to make the right decisions for the team. Couldn't have made a better decision in hiring him.  I could definately see him getting a shot in higher leagues down the road as much as I'd hate seeing him go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

That was an awesome game from the Dawgs.  They even robbed us of a goal. Why do the refs not even go talk to the goal judge who has a way better view then them and signaled goal?  It obviously went all the way in the goal and right back out.  I had a perfect view of it.

For what it's worth, Brian on the broadcast said that it was absolutely NOT a goal and the goal judge was wrong. I surprised to hear something that definitive from homer PBP.

He was also incredulous about Evansville's antics late in the game. Not sure what anyone expected when they used 2 of their 19 opening night roster spots on Travis Howe and Nick Wright. I'm also not surprised they are terrible with a roster like that.