Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
scline74

Marksmen over Peoria 6-5

Marksmen win tonight against Peoria in a true nailbiter. Battled hard never gave up and brought home the W in the last second of OT..

Edited by scline74
link

Nice win, listened to the end of it.  Shawn said there was .01 time left. Like to see a replay of that one.  

It would be tough for anybody to say. I watched the game live but you couldnt see the clock at the same time. But wow what an ending, The refs seemed confident about the goal. But again WOW. Of course, if you are speaking about Shawn Bednard he was there and definetly had a better view of things. 

Nevermind, Mike Campos has us covered.  It was a miraculous shot like Shawn said.  Looks like goalie wasn't expecting it before time expired.

7 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Nice win, listened to the end of it.  Shawn said there was .01 time left. Like to see a replay of that one.  

If true, that's two games Peoria has lost with 0.01 secs left. 

3 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

Really thats crazy..Thats the closest I have seen I believe the ref made the right call. I would have loved to have seen the shootout though.

40 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

I'm sure that first one hurt a lot more then last night's game.  But either one would really stink to happen for.  I'm sure it sent Peoria fans home heartbroken.  From where he was standing and time left everyone had written that one off to going to a shootout.  Plus i bet Pulde was kicking himself, he should get an assist on that one. 😂

34 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I'm sure that first one hurt a lot more then last night's game.  But either one would really stink to happen for.  I'm sure it sent Peoria fans home heartbroken.  From where he was standing and time left everyone had written that one off to going to a shootout.  Plus i bet Pulde was kicking himself, he should get an assist on that one. 😂

I wouldn't be surprised if Pulde is waived on Monday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RapidFire19 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pulde is waived on Monday.

Somebody is going to be the victim of being cut sometime.  Not sure when they expect Storm Phaneuf back from his injury.  But I agree, stupid move when he could have just held the puck or tucked it behind his net and time would have expired.  Anything other then just passing it to an opposing player for him to score.

• Like 2

Pretty intense couple of games in Peoria. I'm sure Fayetteville felt vindicated last night after the questionable penalty in OT Friday. Team has one thing for sure that recent Fayetteville teams lacked. That thing is tenacity. These young guys don't give up. Could have dropped to 9th this weekend, but sitting in 5th instead. Good job Fayetteville!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

You just HAD to bring that up, didn't you?  :hellno:

• Haha 2