Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Fayetteville 11/17/18 6:00 pm et.

Not looking good already Steve Mele not in starting line up and Guyon banged up.  Looks like we could be playing this one 2 guys short.  Not sure why we didn't sign someone when Bakker got called up and Guyon nursing injury.

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Not looking good already Steve Mele not in starting line up and Guyon banged up.  Looks like we could be playing this one 2 guys short.  Not sure why we didn't sign someone when Bakker got called up and Guyon nursing injury.

We still seem to be holding our own tonight, Dion has had a nice game.

25 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

We still seem to be holding our own tonight, Dion has had a nice game.

Because player of the game and only thing constant so far in our season, Tanner Creel 42 of 44 saves.  Gave up 2 goals in first 5 minutes then shut them down.  Definitely most impressive player so far for us.

• Like 1

Anybody buy the game on Neulion?   If you did go to the 47 minute mark.  Guyon got robbed of an assist.  The goal by Dion, Guyon shot and Dion shot the rebound in off the goalie.  Not sure who does the points for the league but if I was Maxime Guyon i'd be pretty mad.  The boxscore says assist Bauer but Guyon should be it I believe or atleast added as an assist.

Nevermind, my man Mike Campos has video of it.  Now everyone can tell me how Guyon didn't get an assist for this goal???

I emailed the league which I have done on many occasions to have stats fixed. It is a surprise to me that a pro league would be so lackluster on the accuracy if stats. Many times I have had to tell the league certain players were not dressed for games but were listed and a game added to stats they didnt play. Usually the fix it when I make them aware. Dion had a game played earlier this season when he was suspended against Knoxville until I made them aware.

2 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

I emailed the league which I have done on many occasions to have stats fixed. It is a surprise to me that a pro league would be so lackluster on the accuracy if stats. Many times I have had to tell the league certain players were not dressed for games but were listed and a game added to stats they didnt play. Usually the fix it when I make them aware. Dion had a game played earlier this season when he was suspended against Knoxville until I made them aware.

It's terribly lackluster.  I mean they do have video and the assist goes to Bauer when obviously it was Guyon.  I mean Bauer is 21 and Guyon clearly number 17 shot the shot and Dion put in the rebound.  I mean the announcer Shawn Bednard even announces it all for you.  Not sure how things like this can be so blatant but I thought the goals were all reviewed to an extent.  Not to see if they actually was a good goal but to see who should be credited with the points even if there is no video review.  After seeing this i'm starting to think not so much.  I usually don't catch stuff like this but been watching Frenchie closely because I know he's been banged up.

8 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Anybody buy the game on Neulion?   If you did go to the 47 minute mark.  Guyon got robbed of an assist.  The goal by Dion, Guyon shot and Dion shot the rebound in off the goalie.  Not sure who does the points for the league but if I was Maxime Guyon i'd be pretty mad.  The boxscore says assist Bauer but Guyon should be it I believe or atleast added as an assist.

7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Nevermind, my man Mike Campos has video of it.  Now everyone can tell me how Guyon didn't get an assist for this goal???

On-ice and off-ice officials have to get the correct scorers to the scorekeeper, who then has to accurately report the sheet to the league. Witness the box score of the Havoc @ Bulls game: Huntsville - Glenn Detulleo - (High Sticking), 2 MIN, 13:34 I seriously doubt coach Detulleo high-sticked anyone who was on the ice- methinks he would have been ejected from the game and probably banned from the league if he while on the bench took a stick and whacked one of the Birmingham players. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

I emailed the league which I have done on many occasions to have stats fixed. ...

Has that strategy worked out for you regularly?  :hmm:

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Well if Cody Dion's game played has any indication.  They did take him off as playing the game.  But even thats a lot more blatant then missing someones point in a game.

4 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

On-ice and off-ice officials have to get the correct scorers to the scorekeeper, who then has to accurately report the sheet to the league. Witness the box score of the Havoc @ Bulls game: Huntsville - Glenn Detulleo - (High Sticking), 2 MIN, 13:34 I seriously doubt coach Detulleo high-sticked anyone who was on the ice- methinks he would have been ejected from the game and probably banned from the league if he while on the bench took a stick and whacked one of the Birmingham players. 

I guess its just like every other job in the world.  You have people who thoroughly do their job and I guess some just doing enough to get by.  In my opinion, like Jamey said you would think calling yourself a pro league you would atleast try to pride yourself on having correct statistics.  The Fayetteville scorekeeper even did all kinds of extra.  If you look at Roanoke @ Fayetteville boxscore at the bottom they write notes in that describe what happened with the ref getting hit and game delayed.  Then tell one of the penalties was because Fay coach got unsportsmanlike penalty and was served by Osaka.  But doesn't take enough time to get stats rights for goals.

In defense of the off-ice officials, they are probably volunteers at this level. Having incorrect stats is nothing unique to the SPHL, either. I've read stories about ECHL players telling their staff about missed assists so they can tell the league to fix it. 

I do agree, however, why they premise that if we as fans have access to so much video, it's time for the league to start using it as well to get this stuff corrected.

1 hour ago, Theoriginalalex said:

In defense of the off-ice officials, they are probably volunteers at this level. Having incorrect stats is nothing unique to the SPHL, either. I've read stories about ECHL players telling their staff about missed assists so they can tell the league to fix it. 

I do agree, however, why they premise that if we as fans have access to so much video, it's time for the league to start using it as well to get this stuff corrected.

I get that.  But officials can't be doing this stuff in real time so they have to be looking at replays to see who scores the points.  No way someone looked at that video and gave #21 Bauer an assist instead of Maxime Guyon.  I don't get paid for being a moderator on this website but I try to keep everything up to date and not spread fake news like some of the on ice officials do.  Like PO said how can you possibly give a high sticking penalty in the box score for a coach?

9 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Yes has worked on at least 4 or 5 occasions. Mostly for players not playing in games but were listed as playing.

Well not sure what made it happen but after 2 days Maxime Guyon got his assist added!!

Screenshot_2018-11-19-16-02-06.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Well not sure what made it happen but after 2 days Maxime Guyon got his assist added!!

Screenshot_2018-11-19-16-02-06.png

I knew we would get it fixed. Video evidence helps.

9 minutes ago, roanokehockeyhistory said:

I knew we would get it fixed. Video evidence helps.

Good thing its going to be the last one he gets for awhile.  That sucks!!

• Like 1