Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Armstrong Released

Defenseman Travis Armstrong has been released from Kalamazoo of the ECHL.  If he clears waviers we may have another good defenseman.  He is not under contract currently but is on our protected list so we have his rights in the SPHL.

12 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Defenseman Travis Armstrong has been released from Kalamazoo of the ECHL.  If he clears waviers we may have another good defenseman.  He is not under contract currently but is on our protected list so we have his rights in the SPHL.

That would be a great pick up if he clears 

• Like 1

I agree would be a great pickup on our part, the only downside is he would more than likely not be in Roanoke long.

If I were a betting man, i’m putting money on him coming back. Now how long he stays is a different story 

• Like 1

Yes i’m thinking he will be coming back. Bremner protected his rights for a reason this past offseason right?

1 hour ago, evanlang11 said:

Yes i’m thinking he will be coming back. Bremner protected his rights for a reason this past offseason right?

Yea but i was also disappointed he didn't come back for the playoffs.  Not sure what the reason for that was when the Mallards had no chance at playoffs.

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Yea but i was also disappointed he didn't come back for the playoffs.  Not sure what the reason for that was when the Mallards had no chance at playoffs.

I'm sure the extra 200 a week he was making three played a significant role

4 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

I'm sure the extra 200 a week he was making three played a significant role

The season was over before our playoffs.  He wouldn't even lost any pay and would have gained an extra week or two depending when games were.

Only thing I can figure is he never played for Bremner and would have only had a few days to practice with the team.  Or Bremner was just happy with what he had.

49 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

The season was over before our playoffs.  He wouldn't even lost any pay and would have gained an extra week or two depending when games were.

Got ya, the way I read it was he should have left QC to come back here for the playoff run. My apologies 

30 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Got ya, the way I read it was he should have left QC to come back here for the playoff run. My apologies 

Yea, i reread what i wrote and sounded like you said.  My fault.  Just meant after the season.

13 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Future consideration, I hope.

Either way you should see a defenseman giving to you for a trade or something.  He signs we will have 8 defensemen i believe.

Someone may get cut on Thanksgiving...I know who I would if I were the coach. 

1 hour ago, RYDSPHLFAN said:

Someone may get cut on Thanksgiving...I know who I would if I were the coach. 

Who would you cut?

3 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Who would you cut?

Harrison