Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Fayetteville @ Roanoke 11/22/18 7:05pm et.

Roanoke (4-4-0) takes on Fayetteville (4-5-1) at The Berglund Center. So fill up on some turkey and stuffing and come cheer on the Dawgs on Thanksgiving Night.  I don't personally post the links to listen and watch the home games because I hope everyone comes to the games.  But if you ever need them they are always posted in the Game Day Central that Brian Gardner puts out if you can't make it to a game.  It will be in a separate reply GDT unless he puts it out before I make it.  Go Dawgs!!!

Pathetic, after Roanoke got up 2 it was like they were just going through the motions. I also would like to rescind my comment from the off season about being the toughest team in the league. Last year's team 2nd half was leaps and bounds ahead of this team in terms of physicality.

16 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Pathetic, after Roanoke got up 2 it was like they were just going through the motions. I also would like to rescind my comment from the off season about being the toughest team in the league. Last year's team 2nd half was leaps and bounds ahead of this team in terms of physicality.

Agreed, i mentioned that last week that we weren't as physical as last year so far.  Was surprised to see Bauer sitting out.  Creel needs some help back there.  He is doing about the best he can.  That 3rd goal somebody should have cleared the puck away.  I guess the saying is true for us that a 2 goal lead is the worst in hockey.  Or atleast it is against Fayetteville at home.  Going to suck to have to ride all the way to Huntsville with that game on their mind.  Lets hope they can turn it around and bring home 2 points with them from Huntsville and try to take 4 of 6 points this weekend.  Expect it to be pretty tough against the defending champions.

Can someone please explain to me what Adams was thinking taking a delay of game penalty with us 2 down and 18 seconds left? Correct me if I am wrong but since they tagged it a game misconduct that late in the game doesn't that equal an automatic 1 game suspension putting us a skater down again tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

Can someone please explain to me what Adams was thinking taking a delay of game penalty with us 2 down and 18 seconds left? Correct me if I am wrong but since they tagged it a game misconduct that late in the game doesn't that equal an automatic 1 game suspension putting us a skater down again tomorrow.

No, i think automatic suspensions are just for instigator penalties in the last 5 minutes of the game.  Don't quote me on that but i'm pretty sure thats the rule.  Thats what he got the game misconduct for though?  I thought he might have argued with the ref and been tossed.  I know he was pretty pissed about the 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct they gave him.  But I thought it was BS too.  Never seen that and definately didn't look any different then any other time it happens icing the goalie at end of a play.

Nope in boxscore it says intentional delay of game, game misconduct.  You would think that would be a penalty shot or something.  Got to say thats a new one for me.

3 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Nope in boxscore it says intentional delay of game, game misconduct.  You would think that would be a penalty shot or something.  Got to say thats a new one for me.

It was obvious from where I was sitting he did it on purpose so the call was good, I just don't see what the point was, it's not like it would have made any difference one way or the other if they scored there. I hope you are right on the automatic suspension because if he is suspended that makes it extra stupid and definitely not what we need with the schedule we have this weekend.

Edited by vicvegas

16 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

It was obvious from where I was sitting he did it on purpose so the call was good, I just don't see what the point was, it's not like it would have made any difference one way or the other if they scored there. I hope you are right on the automatic suspension because if he is suspended that makes it extra stupid and definitely not what we need with the schedule we have this weekend.

I've checked rulebooks and find nothing about game misconduct for deliberately knocking the goal off.  All I can find is award the goal or a penalty shot.  So either I can't find it or the ref totally blew the call and should have awarded a penalty shot instead of a game misconduct.

Nevermind I found it!

Screenshot_2018-11-22-23-46-45.png

Looks like he's got himself a nice $250 fine too!

1 hour ago, vicvegas said:

But I see no automatic suspension for it.  Found it says auto 1 game for instigator last 5 minutes.  There are a few physical fouls like coming off the bench for a fight that is 3 games.  But it did say refs send in info on every game misconduct that happens and league will review penalties.  So if there is more we will hear about it before tomorrow.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything either. I must have just mentally ascribed the instigator in the last 5 minutes to all game misconduct penalties. That's a pretty hefty fine for this league.

6 hours ago, vicvegas said:

Yeah, I couldn't find anything either. I must have just mentally ascribed the instigator in the last 5 minutes to all game misconduct penalties. That's a pretty hefty fine for this league.

Looks like we are good with no suspensions. Even better, Sy Nutkevich was suspended for one game so they will be playing a man down tonight.