Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Huntsville 11/23/18 8:00pm et

Jacob Caffrey getting his first start in his SPHL career in Huntsville!

End of 1st and Dawgs lead 2-0. One of the best overall periods i've seen from the Dawgs this year.  Generating good offense, playing good defense, and stellar goaltending by Jacob Caffrey so far in his first start.  Lets hope they don't take their foot off the gas and keep their intensity up!  Go Dawgs!

Well there is another 2 goal lead erased.  Score is 2-2 after 2.  Starting to think we should give the team we're playing a goal before we even start.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about the team lately but I still think they’re 100x better than what we have been used to seeing. Of course, they have things to improve but at least they are competitive and generally are capable of winning every game they play. 

I remember the first two seasons I would go to games wondering if the team would even score a goal and in a lot of cases there were long stretches of not winning or scoring. I’m glad that this team has improved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

I know a lot of people have been complaining about the team lately but I still think they’re 100x better than what we have been used to seeing. Of course, they have things to improve but at least they are competitive and generally are capable of winning every game they play. 

I remember the first two seasons I would go to games wondering if the team would even score a goal and in a lot of cases there were long stretches of not winning or scoring. I’m glad that this team has improved. 

I haven't really been complaining.  We already have more wins this season then probably we had before Christmas last season.  Only negatives i've seen so far is I think the team last year after Bremner took over was more physical then this year.  Another one is it seems we get up and like to try to sit on a lead and lose intensity and our defense hasn't be good.  But that is expected losing as many games experience as Joe Sova and Nick Schneider had under their belts.  But i've seen many positives too.  All our goalies have been playing especially well this year.  I feel 100% more comfortable now if we don't get Brad Barone back and if we do its going to be a tough call losing one of our current goalies.  They both have proven they can play in this league.  Tonight's game I saw positives everywhere.  Created lots of offense, thought our defense played extremely well not giving up quality shots and rebounds.  Jacob Caffrey played awesome in his first start.  Proud of the Dawgs, hoping we can repeat that tomorrow night at home!  Go Dawgs!!!

We were 5-11-2 when Ftorek was sent packing on 12-18-17. Bremner is 5-5 11-23-18. The team is much better. Scary to think what they may look like with Barone, Guyon, Bauer, Bakker, Armstrong? In the line up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I haven't really been complaining.  We already have more wins this season then probably we had before Christmas last season.  Only negatives i've seen so far is I think the team last year after Bremner took over was more physical then this year.  Another one is it seems we get up and like to try to sit on a lead and lose intensity and our defense hasn't be good.  But that is expected losing as many games experience as Joe Sova and Nick Schneider had under their belts.  But i've seen many positives too.  All our goalies have been playing especially well this year.  I feel 100% more comfortable now if we don't get Brad Barone back and if we do its going to be a tough call losing one of our current goalies.  They both have proven they can play in this league.  Tonight's game I saw positives everywhere.  Created lots of offense, thought our defense played extremely well not giving up quality shots and rebounds.  Jacob Caffrey played awesome in his first start.  Proud of the Dawgs, hoping we can repeat that tomorrow night at home!  Go Dawgs!!!

Oh I know you weren’t complaining. I just saw some people complaining on social media. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Oh I know you weren’t complaining. I just saw some people complaining on social media. 

Yeah, I saw that too. You can expect that from social media.  Especially liked the comment going off about pulling your goalie at the end of the game and asking them why they would do that because our defense sucks so bad.  I seem to read them with a grain of salt.  I respect people's opinions but many are over the top.  😂

43 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Yeah, I saw that too. You can expect that from social media.  Especially liked the comment going off about pulling your goalie at the end of the game and asking them why they would do that because our defense sucks so bad.  I seem to read them with a grain of salt.  I respect people's opinions but many are over the top.  😂

It’s still too early in the season to worry but if the season was almost over the Dawgs would have a shot at the playoffs.