Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

thisguy

Lack of Heart

Why does it take the player who is the furthest from play to come to the defense of a player injured? You guys need to step up the heart or step the hell off the team!!!

• Like 1

This is the softest, non checking team in Fayetteville's history and if attendance doesn't pick up, Fay hockey will be history

• Like 2

Since the enforcer and fan favorite that did all the protecting last year wasn't protected (and is still in the ECHL), seems at least someone else would be physical. But...when the coach doesn't WANT physical play, you see what you get. 

I've been going to Fayetteville  hockey games since 2012/13. This was by far the worst game I've seen.  The 2 goalies have no chance at this level.   Not a good time for Peoria to be coming to town.  If they don't make some changes Peoria will hang double digits on them in at least one game maybe both.

23 hours ago, thisguy said:

Why does it take the player who is the furthest from play to come to the defense of a player injured? You guys need to step up the heart or step the hell off the team!!!

Kallechy doesn't want the physical "take up for your teammates" type play. I didn't see how Kallechy reacted when Osaka did that, but I was told coach was furious and upset afterwards.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

After 13 games 2017/18---  58 goals allowed

After 13 games 2018/19--   54 goals allowed

That's 4 less goals allowed and 1 less coaching change compared with last season = a very slight improvement.

16 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

Kallechy doesn't want the physical "take up for your teammates" type play. I didn't see how Kallechy reacted when Osaka did that, but I was told coach was furious and upset afterwards.

I really wanted to give him a solid chance... I’m starting to become disappointed. It’s been my experience, when your skill players feel left out to dry.... you get left out to dry play. Goal tending is suspect at best, heart is non existent and players are having to play out of position for too long now. It is no longer sufficient to say.... they’re young, or we are still gelling. We are on the cusp of crisis mode.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:03 PM, antman said:

This is the softest, non checking team in Fayetteville's history and if attendance doesn't pick up, Fay hockey will be history

We don't need a team of goons and/or goons but we definitely need physical hockey with some good checking.  As for the attendance, look no further than military appreciation night.  The announced crowd was about 3,300.  How in the heck can you only draw 3,300 in a town with a military population of 50,000 and that doesn't include the retirees and dependents???   Will attendance get better.  I sure hope so but the trending direction isn't very positive.  I love hockey and want it to succeed in Fayetteville but the numbers are troubling.

Edited by AfghanPiehole
  • Like 1

I agree Pie, I don't like goon hockey, but we have size but don't even bump anyone off the puck, just clean hard check them once in a while, Surely the coach notices that they don't touch anyone

I have seats on glass and expect some crashing into the boards, but haven't been seeing much at all this season. Whatever happened to knocking a player off the puck?

• Like 1

Seems the Marksmen got their heart back just in time for Peoria's visit.  Congratulations to Coach Kallechy & his team.  :applause:

• Like 1

I must admit... a marked difference ( no pun intended). Now let’s see if it’s sustained.

Maybe the recent trade made some of the others wake up about what needs to be done ---- play hard for sixty full minutes.  Great effort tonight, especially Kelly.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 5:59 PM, RapidFire19 said:

This is absolutely wrong.  LOL