Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

Marksmen Snipe Rivermen

Rivermen power play was weak and they had trouble staying on their skates. Peoria just doesn't seem as good as their record shows. Physicality in third period was good. Fans enjoyed it even though there weren't that many in attendance to see it. Kielich is good! Kelley had a stellar night! Nice win.

I guess Mr. E and Coach Trudel didn't get the message that if you say things like this you will get chastised on and blocked from social media in Fayetteville.

"But the Peoria Rivermen didn’t do nearly enough to avoid their first foray into the regulation loss column of the 2018-19 season on Friday, falling 5-2 to the Fayetteville Marksmen before just 1,071 at Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C.

The Rivermen, with the league’s No. 1-ranked offense, went scoreless through the first 40 minutes. Scoreless, against the league’s last-ranked defense. And against goaltender Dillon Kelley and his .873 saves percentage, part of the league’s worst goaltending tandem.

Ugh.

“We’ve been playing this way for a while now, honestly,” Rivermen coach Jean-Guy Trudel said. “It was a disappointing game. Just a blah night. About 300 people in the grandstand, no energy, and it just wasn’t pretty to watch us.”

Mr E and Trudel can say whatever they want to try to make themselves feel better but the fact remains the same we beat them last night. They can deflect by saying there were only 300 people and mocking the defense and goaltending but the fact remains the same you lost. Our guys held it together and I know I for one am extremely proud of how they played last night. They powered through and it payed off! 

There were more than 300 people in attendance, but there weren't 1,071 there either. Peoria did seem to have a case of bad bus legs but came alive in 3rd period. Even though coach doesn't like physical play, I'm glad the players did finally get chippy and give the fans some excitement. 

It was nice to see a great win last night.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the chippiness and lets hope they continue the same type of effort tonight.  My only question --- why was Dillon Kelley not one of the 3 stars of the game?  He was at his best. 

• Like 1