Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Goal or not?

Somebody please tell me how the ref could possibly call this goal off last night for going in after he blew the whistle.  Is he blind and not see the black puck he is suppose to follow the whole game?

"Somebody please tell me how the ref could possibly call this goal off last night for going in after he blew the whistle.  Is he blind and not see the black puck he is suppose to follow the whole game?"

Whoa! In a one goal game, no less.

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Somebody please tell me how the ref could possibly call this goal off last night for going in after he blew the whistle.  Is he blind and not see the black puck he is suppose to follow the whole game?

1. Ref was Krasnichuk.

2. Once the whistle blows, the play is dead and a goal can't be scored. 

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

1. Ref was Krasnichuk.

2. Once the whistle blows, the play is dead and a goal can't be scored. 

Yes, i think everyone knows that but you can hear him blow the whistle and its way after the puck is already in the net.

You know, I didn’t think that was a goal live, but it sure looks like it on replay.

While the official announcement that the whistle had already blown looks horrible, remember that even up in the NHL they cover up mistakes like this with their “intent to blow” clause.

Video replay would have helped here because it seemed the ref was open to reversing the call. He discussed it for a few minutes. The guys at Sin Bin are hard on this crusade, and hopefully the E’s trail technology is affordable enough for S teams.

9 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

You know, I didn’t think that was a goal live, but it sure looks like it on replay.

While the official announcement that the whistle had already blown looks horrible, remember that even up in the NHL they cover up mistakes like this with their “intent to blow” clause.

Video replay would have helped here because it seemed the ref was open to reversing the call. He discussed it for a few minutes. The guys at Sin Bin are hard on this crusade, and hopefully the E’s trail technology is affordable enough for S teams.

There is no way he can use the intent to blow BS.  The puck went in the goal as soon as the Dawg player shot it.  The goalie never had any control of the puck.  It wasn't like the puck dribbled in.  The whole time the ref is looking in the goal looking like he is staring at the puck.  If the goal judge saw it he should be able to see it with his better view. He blew the whistle seconds after it had just been laying in the goal.  No way you can even use intent to blow on this play. Only intent to blow is the puck was in the goal, never covered up from the goalie.