Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Macon 12/7/18 7:30pm et.

Roanoke travels to Macon to play game 1 of 2 this weekend, after pulling out a nice win against Birmingham 4-2 on Thursday Night.  Go Dawgs!!!

Pregame Notes

SPHL Live Scoreboard

Game Live

Listen Dawgs Live Mixlr (Free)

Watch Dawgs Live Neulion ($7.99)

23 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

What a frustrating loss.  Dawgs had a one goal lead with 5 minutes to go and take a penalty that leads to the tying goal.

Dang - so close.

Agreed, the one thing I forgot to mention about last night was no bad penalties.  Play good the whole game and basically hand it to them at the end.  Very frustrating.  But totally behind you on the bad decision by Mele to use his hand in the faceoff circle.  No need at all to do that up by one goal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Agreed, the one thing I forgot to mention about last night was no bad penalties.  Play good the whole game and basically hand it to them at the end.  Very frustrating.  But totally behind you on the bad decision by Mele to use his hand in the faceoff circle.  No need at all to do that up by one goal.

That rule doesn't exist in the SPHL rulebook. It is an NHL rule that the SPHL never adopted but Mele still got called for it. I posted screenshots from the applicable rulebook sections of both the NHL rulebook and SPHL rulebook in the discussion on The Dawg Parks fb page if you would like to see the applicable rules.

16 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

That rule doesn't exist in the SPHL rulebook. It is an NHL rule that the SPHL never adopted but Mele still got called for it. I posted screenshots from the applicable rulebook sections of both the NHL rulebook and SPHL rulebook in the discussion on The Dawg Parks fb page if you would like to see the applicable rules.

Yea i answered you.  I had already found this earlier.  Only thing I could find that the penalty might fall under.

Screenshot_2018-12-08-07-06-19.png

An even bigger question is what the heck was the whistle for that led to that faceoff in the first place? Macon commits a delayed offsides and checks up like they are supposed to and when Bauer skates behind the net to organize our breakout the stop play for some unknown reason and then call Mele for a questionable penalty on the resulting faceoff. Bottom line is we have got to clean up our pk ( I know it wasn't officially a pp goal but we still only had 4 on the ice). Overall the guys played a great game last night, but when you give up 2 goals on only 3 penalties you are going to have a hard time winning games.

25 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

An even bigger question is what the heck was the whistle for that led to that faceoff in the first place? Macon commits a delayed offsides and checks up like they are supposed to and when Bauer skates behind the net to organize our breakout the stop play for some unknown reason and then call Mele for a questionable penalty on the resulting faceoff. Bottom line is we have got to clean up our pk ( I know it wasn't officially a pp goal but we still only had 4 on the ice). Overall the guys played a great game last night, but when you give up 2 goals on only 3 penalties you are going to have a hard time winning games.

Only thing I can think of is they had a clock problem.  Looked like the ref was pointing to the scoreboard.  But not 100% sure on that one.  Definately changed the game when it happened.  Maybe if it didn't Mele would have never got the penalty like you said on the ensuing faceoff.  But i'm with you, we need to cut out the dumb penalties.  So far our PK isn't good enough to kill off all of the penalties we have.  Also went 0 for 17 on the power play before we finally scored.  We went from the best power play to non existant pretty much since Guyon has been out.  Special teams is definately something we need to work on.

They had more than one clock problem....morons I tell ya!

Edited by RYDSPHLFAN