Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Macon 12/8/18 7:30pm et.

20 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

Great road win tonight.

Really pleased with the 4 point weekend, especially considering the opposition!!!

Me too, I was disappointed they gave it away last night but they played well in every game we had.  Proud of the Dawgs.  Think we are finally onto something now.  Loved Caffrey showing some balls calling the goalie out.  Everybody has played well. 4 out of 6 points against the top two teams and easily could have been all 6.  Didn't Dion score the last goal?  SPHL site has Jeff Jones scoring it.  I'll have to go back and look but pretty sure it was Dion.  Way to go Dawgs!!!

22 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

Great road win tonight.

Really pleased with the 4 point weekend, especially considering the opposition!!!

Could have been 6 points but I think if you asked anyone before the weekend started we would have taken 4 points considering we were playing the top 2 teams in the league 3 games in a row.

4 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Me too, I was disappointed they gave it away last night but they played well in every game we had.  Proud of the Dawgs.  Think we are finally onto something now.  Loved Caffrey showing some balls calling the goalie out.  Everybody has played well. 4 out of 6 points against the top two teams and easily could have been all 6.  Didn't Dion score the last goal?  SPHL site has Jeff Jones scoring it.  I'll have to go back and look but pretty sure it was Dion.  Way to go Dawgs!!!

Looked like Dion to me and the recap from Brian Gardner also stated Cody scored 2 goals tonight.

Could be a turning point weekend in the season. 4/6 points and leading late in the loss was much better than I expected. The Ftorek era teams would have come away with zero points, you know it. Needed those results to stay clear of the Flyers and Storm for what’s already a 9-team playoff race. Next 6 are all against the IceBears and Marksmen, so the task gets somewhat easier through Christmas.

Edited by Theoriginalalex

16 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

Could be a turning point weekend in the season. 4/6 points and leading late in the loss was much better than I expected. The Ftorek era teams would have come away with zero points, you know it. Needed those results to stay clear of the Flyers and Storm for what’s already a 9-team playoff race. Next 6 are all against the IceBears and Marksmen, so the task gets somewhat easier through Christmas.

In the Ftorek era I don't even think we had a win in regulation last year.  Atleast this year when we are struggling you are seeing things change and trying out different strategies to get better.  That is what frustrated me the most with him as coach.  Everything we did always looked the same with the same results.  This team struggles you see Bremner will make the necessary personnel changes.  He is always switching lines up and how we attack and defend if we are struggling.  He has also done a pretty good job recruiting players to come here.  Its really no comparison between Bremner and Ftorek in my eyes.  He was better and got basically Ftorek's team winning games in a few games that Ftorek was unable to do in a year and a half.  I still stand by my prediction he will eventually get a shot in higher leagues.  I hate it if he leaves but I think he will earn it.