Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SJSharkies4ever

Is it too early ....... ?

To go ahead and say the Bolts are done? Can we pull this turkey from the oven already?

51 minutes ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

To go ahead and say the Bolts are done? Can we pull this turkey from the oven already?

Depends what you mean by done......if done by no chance to win or make the playoffs this season, i'd say you can probably stick a fork in them.  I think Pensacola going to make a run for it in the second half and get the last playoff spot pretty comfortably if not even higher if we can't seem to get back on track.  We all by ourselves back here in seventh with quite a few points between us and 8th place and 6th place.  We are in and can win every game pretty much but always seem to screw something up toward the end of the game to lose by one goal.  Weirdest thing is we have no OT losses but i'm pretty sure we probably have the most 1 goal games in the league.

2 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Depends what you mean by done......if done by no chance to win or make the playoffs this season, i'd say you can probably stick a fork in them.  I think Pensacola going to make a run for it in the second half and get the last playoff spot pretty comfortably if not even higher if we can't seem to get back on track.  We all by ourselves back here in seventh with quite a few points between us and 8th place and 6th place.  We are in and can win every game pretty much but always seem to screw something up toward the end of the game to lose by one goal.  Weirdest thing is we have no OT losses but i'm pretty sure we probably have the most 1 goal games in the league.

It doesn't help that Fayetteville is 6-3-1 against y'all either though.

8 minutes ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

It doesn't help that Fayetteville is 6-3-1 against y'all either though.

And 7 of those games have been 1 goal wins for either team throughout the year.  Every game this year and a few games to end the year have been one goal games against every team.  Almost a whole month of games either winning or losing by 1 goal.  It always seems like a heartbreaker for either team every game we are in too.  We either make a miraculous comeback like we did 4 goals in a game to Fayetteville and beat them.  Or come back 4 goals like we did in a Knoxville game just to have them stab a dagger into our hearts afterwards to lose.  Just like our last 2 games against Fayetteville, they score a goal with less then 5 minutes left or like tonight 2 minutes.  This has been some intense season of games with very good highs and very bad lows.

2 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

And 7 of those games have been 1 goal wins for either team throughout the year.  Every game this year and a few games to end the year have been one goal games against every team.  Almost a whole month of games either winning or losing by 1 goal.  It always seems like a heartbreaker for either team every game we are in too.  We either make a miraculous comeback like we did 4 goals in a game to Fayetteville and beat them.  Or come back 4 goals like we did in a Knoxville game just to have them stab a dagger into our hearts afterwards to lose.  Just like our last 2 games against Fayetteville, they score a goal with less then 5 minutes left or like tonight 2 minutes.  This has been some intense season of games with very good highs and very bad lows.

I shant argue with that sentiment!

Well, I take that back. Evansville could have a major debate over that. Their season has just been low.

1 hour ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

I'd like for their losing streak to go thru next weekend please....we host them for a 3 game series at home.

1 minute ago, RapidFire19 said:

I'd like for their losing streak to go thru next weekend please....we host them for a 3 game series at home.

The streak you guys are on, I am certain you will sweep them. Evansville is 0-11-1 on the road this season.

Just now, SJSharkies4ever said:

The streak you guys are on, I am certain you will sweep them. Evansville is 0-11-1 on the road this season.

Ouch!!! 🤐

5 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

We played them twice earlier on in the season and one of the games we spent just about a whole period in their zone.  I hate it for Evansville fans but they are pretty awful.  It also helps they had Nick Wright who seems to explode on the regular and jumped a player getting on the bench and was suspended for the 2nd game.

11 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

Ouch!!! 🤐

Yep, not even a band-aid will cover that wound.

31 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

Ouch!!! 🤐

26 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

We played them twice earlier on in the season and one of the games we spent just about a whole period in their zone.  I hate it for Evansville fans but they are pretty awful.  It also helps they had Nick Wright who seems to explode on the regular and jumped a player getting on the bench and was suspended for the 2nd game.

Just an FYI, Peoria is scheduled to clinch the first playoff berth by February 23rd. This is based off of Quad City being the first team outside looking in.

Quad City has a maximum of 74 points they can earn and Peoria has 49 points already. (74 - 49 + 1) / 2

Sadly, this will possibly come sooner than that because they have 3 games scheduled against Quad City in that specified time frame and another 3 at Pensacola.

@JMC-STL will be loving this news.

I would say this is probably the final nail in their coffin, at least for this seasonFB_IMG_1547906376167.thumb.jpg.f4c3c0efb6482dd8e57913f527cc5b09.jpg

Edited by vicvegas

Lol we just posted that about the same time but I posted it in Evansville forum.  😂

4 hours ago, vicvegas said:

I would say this is probably the final nail in their coffin, at least for this seasonFB_IMG_1547906376167.thumb.jpg.f4c3c0efb6482dd8e57913f527cc5b09.jpg

I just saw this in my FB news feed.....lol wow.

11 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I hate it for Evansville fans but they are pretty awful.  It also helps they had Nick Wright who seems to explode on the regular and jumped a player getting on the bench and was suspended for the 2nd game.

Yes, said this at the start of the year. I’m not sure what league Evansville thinks they are competing in, but using roster spots on TWO enforcers is not going to make a good team. You look at teams like Fayetteville and Knoxville wising up and leaving Brad Drobot off their rosters, yet in Indiana they are putting that circus on the ice.

4 hours ago, vicvegas said:

Wait, Bus League Hockey reported this, too. That means we are supposed to take issue with the story, right?

Seriously, though, I hope the Bolts makes a clean break from him. That has to be the best move for both sides.

21 minutes ago, Theoriginalalex said:

Yes, said this at the start of the year. I’m not sure what league Evansville thinks they are competing in, but using roster spots on TWO enforcers is not going to make a good team. You look at teams like Fayetteville and Knoxville wising up and leaving Brad Drobot off their rosters, yet in Indiana they are putting that circus on the ice.

Wait, Bus League Hockey reported this, too. That means we are supposed to take issue with the story, right?

Seriously, though, I hope the Bolts makes a clean break from him. That has to be the best move for both sides.

I dont think KNX left him off the roster, he has been in ECHL from the get go this season.

7 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

I dont think KNX left him off the roster, he has been in ECHL from the get go this season.

Oh, my bad. I thought he went to IceBears training camp and was cut. Wheeling does love their SPHL enforcers, though. Had Jeremy Biernes last season.

10 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Actually, he was with Knoxville in the preseason, then he was signed by Wheeling.

Thanks