Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
fred

The Captain

My understanding is he "retired" after he successfully completed his course of treatment at St. Jude Children's Hospital.

I've seen his parents at the Iceplex a few times, so I know he's skating -- just on a 12U roster, not with the Havoc.

• Thanks 1

He's been at Havoc games, has been on the bench pre-game and in the locker room before and after games, seems to be doing well. "Cheech" Powers is now the "C".  Doc

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2019 at 3:36 PM, TwistedBrass said:

My understanding is he "retired" after he successfully completed his course of treatment at St. Jude Children's Hospital.

I've seen his parents at the Iceplex a few times, so I know he's skating -- just on a 12U roster, not with the Havoc.

Before one of the home games earlier in the season they announced that he was cancer free, and that the deal between he and Coach Detulleo has been that he would give up his C patch once his cancer was gone since he could play for his youth team again then.  That may not be 100% accurate as it is from memory, but he was announced to be cancer free,