Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Evansville @ Roanoke 2/1/19 7:05pm et.

Evansville Thunderbolts come into Roanoke for back to back games on Friday and Saturday nights.  Friday night game is everyone wins night.  If the Dawgs don't win the game, everyone in attendance will be able to attend one game of your choice on any Friday night for the whole month of February for free.  Saturday night game will be Superhero Night where the Dawgs will be wearing specialty jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game.  Come out this weekend to cheer our Dawgs on!  Go Dawgs!

I hate to say it but it looks like Evansville has thrown in the towel on the season.  I'm out there wondering why Nick Wright is playing so much and even on the penalty kill before I counted and they only played with 13 skaters and 2 goalies.  You can't be doing that if your out there actually trying to win games.  But saying that, Wright was looking like a hockey player out there.  Seems he has improved a bit.  Glad to see Jesse Schwartz was okay and came back out as first star and was interviewed.  That was a lot of blood and had me worried until he showed back at the end.  Overall was a good game but like I said, hard to win playing 3 players short in any league.

Seems Schwartz was just as confused to what had happened to himself as I was.  How much blood i seen i thought he had took a skate or something.  He thought he had took a stick.  Either way glad he's ok.  Sure he is going to be sore for awhile.

Roanoke Times

6 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I hate to say it but it looks like Evansville has thrown in the towel on the season.

Maybe not only that. On a recent SinBin episode, Harding and Campos tossed around the idea that ownership is purposely tanking the team for a tax write off and folding them after the season.

10 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I hate to say it but it looks like Evansville has thrown in the towel on the season.  I'm out there wondering why Nick Wright is playing so much and even on the penalty kill before I counted and they only played with 13 skaters and 2 goalies.  You can't be doing that if your out there actually trying to win games.  But saying that, Wright was looking like a hockey player out there.  Seems he has improved a bit.  Glad to see Jesse Schwartz was okay and came back out as first star and was interviewed.  That was a lot of blood and had me worried until he showed back at the end.  Overall was a good game but like I said, hard to win playing 3 players short in any league.

Evansville had a full roster of 17 skaters until Stayner was put on IR on Tuesday. Last night Evan Schultz, Rawlyk and Hatcher did not play for whatever reason.  Injury or illness more than likely.  Evansville actually played well against Fayetteville all 3 games last weekend.  If the franchise survives the off-season they need to do a complete start from scratch do over similar to what the Marksmen did from last year to this year.

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Evansville had a full roster of 17 skaters until Stayner was put on IR on Tuesday. Last night Evan Schultz, Rawlyk and Hatcher did not play for whatever reason.  Injury or illness more than likely.  Evansville actually played well against Fayetteville all 3 games last weekend.  If the franchise survives the off-season they need to do a complete start from scratch do over similar to what the Marksmen did from last year to this year.

I gotta say it was a rather boring game. Dressing 13 skaters total is a disaster. Actually feel bad for Evansville

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Evansville had a full roster of 17 skaters until Stayner was put on IR on Tuesday. Last night Evan Schultz, Rawlyk and Hatcher did not play for whatever reason.  Injury or illness more than likely.

I guess I’m suspicious about whether they are even trying to play with a full roster. No other team seems to have a problem replacing a body when the inevitable happens. Evansville, meanwhile, spend more games than not down multiple skaters. Despite their record, there’s gotta be a hockey player somewhere who would take a couple hundred bucks to spend a week on the roster. Heck, I haven’t played since high school, but I’ll burn a week of vacation if they need a body!

Just to let everyone know you can forget about dropping by Bojangles today to get your Free Cajun Biscuit as was supposed to be generated from from the Dawgs scoring 4 last night. They claim the truck did not come in and they are "low" on the cajun biscuits so they will not give any free ones until the truck comes in, but they offered to sell me one if i would pay for it. This is all getting old. They originally years back  honored the Free Cajun Biscuit promotion as was advertised. Then last year they started this deal of not one per ticket but one per order. So if two people come together as in the same car or even walk in together with separate orders and each a ticket, they say its one order. Then a few  weeks back I went to the drive thru and am alone in the drive thru and they say that I must come inside to get it. So I did that. Now this week its as I said, they claim they are low on the item, no free ones, but you can buy them. LOL  Sadly last year when they started  these jumping thru hoops to dishonor the promotion, I barbed one of the employees about it, and the management said they did not think they would be giving out so many. Well they sure found a remedy for that, just do every trick they can to not honor the the giveaway but still reap the advertisement on the message board. So I guess if you want your free biscuit in the future you may want to call first.      

Saturday, Evansville Thunderbolts 2 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs 1 (overtime)  The Dawgs played strong and dominated with 50 shots but Evansville answered with a miraculous performance by Goaltender Braeden Ostephuk who made 49 saves, many of them spectacular. 

5 hours ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

Just to let everyone know you can forget about dropping by Bojangles today to get your Free Cajun Biscuit as was supposed to be generated from from the Dawgs scoring 4 last night. They claim the truck did not come in and they are "low" on the cajun biscuits so they will not give any free ones until the truck comes in, but they offered to sell me one if i would pay for it. This is all getting old. They originally years back  honored the Free Cajun Biscuit promotion as was advertised. Then last year they started this deal of not one per ticket but one per order. So if two people come together as in the same car or even walk in together with separate orders and each a ticket, they say its one order. Then a few  weeks back I went to the drive thru and am alone in the drive thru and they say that I must come inside to get it. So I did that. Now this week its as I said, they claim they are low on the item, no free ones, but you can buy them. LOL  Sadly last year when they started  these jumping thru hoops to dishonor the promotion, I barbed one of the employees about it, and the management said they did not think they would be giving out so many. Well they sure found a remedy for that, just do every trick they can to not honor the the giveaway but still reap the advertisement on the message board. So I guess if you want your free biscuit in the future you may want to call first.      

I have never had a problem in Salem getting mine.  Stopped before the game and they never ever question how many people and always give me as many biscuits as I give them tickets for.  Sounds like just a problem wherever you're going.

30 minutes ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

Saturday, Evansville Thunderbolts 2 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs 1 (overtime)  The Dawgs played strong and dominated with 50 shots but Evansville answered with a miraculous performance by Goaltender Braeden Ostephuk who made 49 saves, many of them spectacular. 

You can also still get them tomorrow.  You have 48 hours to get them.

5 hours ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

The guy that owns most of the Roanoke Bojangles is a jerk. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s behind that. He’s on a crusade to shut down the Roanoke Wildlife Center so I wouldn’t put it past him to not honor a free biscuit promotion. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I have never had a problem in Salem getting mine.  Stopped before the game and they never ever question how many people and always give me as many biscuits as I give them tickets for.  Sounds like just a problem wherever you're going. 

The Peters Creek Road Bojangles has been the one visited in my previous post.   

I had no problem getting mine this morning on Peters Creek. I always buy something when redeeming the ticket. I'm just thankful that we get something. It's great advertising for Bojangles and is set in their advertising budget. So it's not like the guy that owns the franchise is coming out of pocket for it. I don't get why everybody knitpicks everything they get for free, Just be glad Bojangles stepped up to the plate to offer them after Benny Marconi's backed out of the free slice promotion after just 1 year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlayaHtr said:

I had no problem getting mine this morning on Peters Creek. I always buy something when redeeming the ticket. I'm just thankful that we get something. It's great advertising for Bojangles and is set in their advertising budget. So it's not like the guy that owns the franchise is coming out of pocket for it. I don't get why everybody knitpicks everything they get for free, Just be glad Bojangles stepped up to the plate to offer them after Benny Marconi's backed out of the free slice promotion after just 1 year.

It could also be a lot worse.  I remember when we were the Express and Little Caesers did it.  They would come on the ice before the game and spin the wheel and most the time would have to get 5 or 6 goals to get something free.

22 hours ago, PlayaHtr said:

Well I don't guess "everybody" knitpicks something they get for free as you seem pleased. But I just told you above what happened and what has happened on my visits there. And as for "its in their advertising budget and not coming out of the owners pocket" backs up my reasoning more than not,, as then why deny the offer to me or my wife or anyone else. I too have talked to others and at certain stores they seem to be able to redeem their tickets and even several tickets with no problem. I have just not been that fortunate and as I said Saturday I was denied getting even one free one, (but yet they said I could purchase one since they were low on stock). So maybe worse than the frustration of knowing what they were doing is that it was a waste of my time going there.  I guess maybe they think I am some bum who is just looking for something free. But since I am a yearly season ticket holder of multi tickets and since it is offered as a Free Bo-Time Cajun Biscuit for 4 goals scored,  I kind of felt I could take advantage of the offer when it occurs just as you apparently do. So it actually comes across to me even more worse that in hearing from others that this only maybe happens to me and my wife. Not sure there. And then the bad thing on top of that is my wife usually stops in at least once every two weeks to get the  $21 tail gate feast to go to bring home for dinner. But now we will just not go there at all and feel much happier about it. So in hockey terms they get my game misconduct, and I won't have to worry with them anymore.  So this way I won't "as you say feel the need to knitpick something for free" and I won't even have to knitpick what I don't get for free either.        

1 hour ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

Well I don't guess "everybody" knitpicks something they get for free as you seem pleased. But I just told you above what happened and what has happened on my visits there. And as for "its in their advertising budget and not coming out of the owners pocket" backs up my reasoning more than not,, as then why deny the offer to me or my wife or anyone else. I too have talked to others and at certain stores they seem to be able to redeem their tickets and even several tickets with no problem. I have just not been that fortunate and as I said Saturday I was denied getting even one free one, (but yet they said I could purchase one since they were low on stock). So maybe worse than the frustration of knowing what they were doing is that it was a waste of my time going there.  I guess maybe they think I am some bum who is just looking for something free. But since I am a yearly season ticket holder of multi tickets and since it is offered as a Free Bo-Time Cajun Biscuit for 4 goals scored,  I kind of felt I could take advantage of the offer when it occurs just as you apparently do. So it actually comes across to me even more worse that in hearing from others that this only maybe happens to me and my wife. Not sure there. And then the bad thing on top of that is my wife usually stops in at least once every two weeks to get the  $21 tail gate feast to go to bring home for dinner. But now we will just not go there at all and feel much happier about it. So in hockey terms they get my game misconduct, and I won't have to worry with them anymore.  So this way I won't "as you say feel the need to knitpick something for free" and I won't even have to knitpick what I don't get for free either.        

I totally agree.  They probably get reimbursed for the free biscuit anyways.  Definately be irritating if someone told me I couldn't get my free biscuit but I could buy one.  Thats the first time i've heard that one.  I've heard people having problems using more then 1 ticket without another person.  But like I said, I always go to the one in Salem and never had a problem with anything.  We have even went there straight after the game right before they close and they gave it to us.  After the Berglund Center says to us it in the next two days not even knowing if they even knew about the four goals yet.  But PlayaHtr did say he got it the next morning so maybe they got more biscuits in.  But in my opinion, you definately have the right to be pissed off about not getting one but being able to buy one.  If they have them they should give it to you.

18 hours ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

Hallow Wolf, I apologize if you think that my post was directly picking on you. I guess you were the one that posted it here. I see it on Facebook and other forms of communication bitching about the free biscuit, I think going back and re-reading what I posted it just caught me the wrong way in the moment. Sorry you weren't able to redeem yours and had a hard time. I have had the issue Greg has talked about with can't use more than 1 ticket without someone else with me and while it sucked I understood Bojangles policy. I'm not a Bojangles employee or the owner LOL, I've just seen in the past when people start complaining about a promotion they end up doing away with the promotion. I too remember the old Little Caesars Free Pizza if they score a certain amount of goals when the Express played in Roanoke and while it seemed to go fine at 1st it became a bigger pain in the ass to get the Free Pizza than it was worth. (Ex. They would make you wait 30 mins to 45 mins, if you called it in you couldn't redeem the ticket you could only do it in person) Again I apologize.

The best solution is to bring back the Benny Marconi's promotion. It hits a wider audience since a chicken biscuit is not kind to those that are vegetarian. 

3 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

The best solution is to bring back the Benny Marconi's promotion. It hits a wider audience since a chicken biscuit is not kind to those that are vegetarian. 

What about those who are lactose intolerant? Pizza isn't kind to them, is it? I'm neither vegan nor lactose intolerant but the point is you're never going to please anyone with these promotions, especially in this I'm offended by everything climate. Big deal you didn't get a free chicken biscuit, I get it they over promised and under delivered but is it really the end of the world? Are you going to stop buying tickets because of it? I've been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I honestly can't remember one time that I've tried to cash in on Benny's or Bojangles. I guess it's just more important to some folks, I wouldn't let it detour me from supporting something I enjoyed watching. 

5 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Benny Marconi's wanted out of the promotion after 1 year. It wasn't the Rail Yard Dawgs that wanted to switch. Thankful the Bojangles stepped up and offered the Cajun Filet promotion.

5 hours ago, Canucks13 said:

Actually I like Bojangles better.  More locations for people to pick the biscuit up free at.  I think I redeemed my piece of pizza one time that whole year.  I try to stay away from downtown.

13 hours ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

What about those who are lactose intolerant? Pizza isn't kind to them, is it? I'm neither vegan nor lactose intolerant but the point is you're never going to please anyone with these promotions, especially in this I'm offended by everything climate. Big deal you didn't get a free chicken biscuit, I get it they over promised and under delivered but is it really the end of the world? Are you going to stop buying tickets because of it? I've been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I honestly can't remember one time that I've tried to cash in on Benny's or Bojangles. I guess it's just more important to some folks, I wouldn't let it detour me from supporting something I enjoyed watching. 

Fair point about individuals that are lactose intolerant! Of course I am not going to stop going to games or being a season ticket holder because of a promotion. I haven't even tried to redeem a ticket for a biscuit and I think I only got the slice of pizza once or twice. I guess I am a little bias towards Roanoke Bojangles locations because the owner is a complete jerk.