Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

antman

Marksmen busted by Bears 8 - 2

This was ugly guys, we were out skated, out hustled and out hit from the opening bell. Goalies were horrible as well. We seem to play better on the road than we do at home. That is really hard to figure out why, but we can't string together consistent play and wins at home. Also a Marksmen player took a sucker punch  from Ortize with little retaliation, I was disappointed to see that. But it was only 1 game and I believe we will bounce back. Look for a lot of physical shenanigans when Quad Citty comes to town. I still wish we had a player or two who are willing to throw down when some of the cheap shots occur.

• Like 1

Things like this always seem to happen in this league one night a team can’t be beaten the next anyone could beat them. Tough for Fayetteville, I trust the boys will bounce back! On to the next one 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, antman said:

This was ugly guys, we were out skated, out hustled and out hit from the opening bell. Goalies were horrible as well. We seem to play better on the road than we do at home. That is really hard to figure out why, but we can't string together consistent play and wins at home. Also a Marksmen player took a sucker punch  from Ortize with little retaliation, I was disappointed to see that. But it was only 1 game and I believe we will bounce back. Look for a lot of physical shenanigans when Quad Citty comes to town. I still wish we had a player or two who are willing to throw down when some of the cheap shots occur.

Wins at home will bring back fans that are big sport fans. Hopefully we'll bounce back.

15 hours ago, antman said:

Clean punch in a fair fight.  Moral of the story is don't pretend to fight if you aren't going to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

Well, at least he's out of our hair. Too bad we can't warn the fans in the E somehow.

For now, until they send him back down (bet he clears waivers). ECHL fans will find out soon enough. 

7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

That was from last year February 19, 2018.  They have already found out he is awful and probably banned from the ECHL by now.

Good pick up!

Krasnichuk gets call to officiate in the ECHL

• NET SHOTS by Tom Annelin
  •  
    • Feb 19, 2018
    •  

8 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

That was from last year February 19, 2018.  They have already found out he is awful and probably banned from the ECHL by now.

Krasnichuk remains on the web list of "2018-19 ECHL Officials."  ECHL fans can attest that the on-ice officiating is just as bad in their League as it is one tier down.  It makes the transition for players called up a lot easier, with no expectations of change in that aspect of the game.  :disgust:

Good catch. My bad on the old data.  I'm blaming old age.  Anyway as JMC-STL pointed out he is on the ECHL list of referees for 2018/19.  Krasnichuk only called one game in the SP last weekend- Friday night in Macon.  Time for my nap now.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Haha 1