Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Player News: SPHL announces suspension (PEO-Hamilton)

Recommended Posts

Quote

February 4, 2019

4:03 PM EST

HUNTERSVILLE, NC (February 4, 2019) – The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) on Monday announced the following suspension:

Peoria’s Jake Hamilton

Peoria’s Jake Hamilton has been suspended one game as a result of his actions in SPHL Game 174, Peoria at Macon, played on Saturday, February 2.

Hamilton is suspended under Rule 28.1, Supplementary Discipline.

Hamilton will miss Peoria’s game against Quad City on Friday, February 8.

Link to Announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did he do? The only mention about him in the stat sheet was that he got 5 minutes for fighting, but so did Nick Minerva, and the fight was not in the last few minutes of the game:

Macon Mayhem - Nick Minerva - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29
Peoria - Jake Hamilton - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

What did he do? The only mention about him in the stat sheet was that he got 5 minutes for fighting, but so did Nick Minerva, and the fight was not in the last few minutes of the game:

Macon Mayhem - Nick Minerva - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29
Peoria - Jake Hamilton - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29

He was talking trash to a kid who was heckling him in the penalty box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

What did he do? The only mention about him in the stat sheet was that he got 5 minutes for fighting, but so did Nick Minerva, and the fight was not in the last few minutes of the game:

Macon Mayhem - Nick Minerva - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29
Peoria - Jake Hamilton - (Fighting) (Major), 5 MIN, 13:29

Here it is:

Video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

He was talking trash to a kid who was heckling him in the penalty box.

You Southern folks sure are right neighborly.  :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

You Southern folks sure are right neighborly.  :huh:

Thats a hockey anywhere thing.  Players should know to ignore fans in the penalty box.  Macon always doing that.  Watch a game there on SPHL Live, there is usually a guy throwing up a one finger salute on each hand beating on the glass.  But i've yet to see any players pay him any attention unlike Hamilton did to this younger fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Thats a hockey anywhere thing.  Players should know to ignore fans in the penalty box.  Macon always doing that.  Watch a game there on SPHL Live, there is usually a guy throwing up a one finger salute on each hand beating on the glass.  But i've yet to see any players pay him any attention unlike Hamilton did to this younger fan.

One of these days, a suspended player will have his lawyer sue a fan for denial of living wages.  THEN we'll see how tough these ten year-olds are.  :dontgetit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

One of these days, a suspended player will have his lawyer sue a fan for denial of living wages.  THEN we'll see how tough these ten year-olds are.  :dontgetit:

Wish we had a lip reader to translate what is being said 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×