Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SASRACE

Thoughts on Havoc Going All Reserved Seating Next Year?

I would like to hear thoughts on all reserved seating next year at the VBC, I for one am not a fan of it as I sit in GA and can't attend all the games so you are forcing me to buy season tickets. I have season tickets in GA and I know I have to get there early to get my seat if not I will go sit somewhere else, but that is my choice, not the VBC/Havoc making me.   Also from people that I talk to in the area, it will hurt attendance, just like the new 305 section up top that has just started and they sit in GA, now they all must be forced to buy season tickets.

What about your casual fan that just wants a night out with his buddies and there are 10-12 to a group and there is not 10-12 seats together on game night at the window.

3 hours ago, SASRACE said:

What about your casual fan that just wants a night out with his buddies and there are 10-12 to a group and there is not 10-12 seats together on game night at the window.

This ^^^ is exactly why they are eliminating GA and going to all assigned seats.  When groups of 10 or more would show up and purchase GA tickets, they would often go back to the office and complain that they couldn't find seats together.  Now you'll know before you walk in that you do (or don't) have seats together.  If it's important to sit a large group together, you are always better off with purchasing assigned seats early and not rolling the dice that you can find that many empty seats (and then manage to hold on to them).  That's true with hockey games, movies, concerts, etc.....

I don't quite understand your feelings of being forced to buy season tickets now when you go on to state you are already buying season tickets in GA.  Is your frustration more about the additional cost of season tickets for reserved seats?  There are very few season ticket holders that are happy about the price adjustments regardless of where they sit.   But it's simple supply and demand, and the demand is high right now.

1 hour ago, bdoty said:

I don't quite understand your feelings of being forced to buy season tickets now when you go on to state you are already buying season tickets in GA.  Is your frustration more about the additional cost of season tickets for reserved seats?  There are very few season ticket holders that are happy about the price adjustments regardless of where they sit.   But it's simple supply and demand, and the demand is high right now.

If as you say the supply and demand is there then where was it as this weekend, neither game a sellout and around 4500 a game, so I would not see the need for complete reserved seats until you sell out every game

30 minutes ago, SASRACE said:

If as you say the supply and demand is there then where was it as this weekend, neither game a sellout and around 4500 a game, so I would not see the need for complete reserved seats until you sell out every game

Simple.....Fan fatigue.  Whenever you have back to back to back game weekends, the attendance tends to drop.  Next weekend I suspect will also be in the 3500-4000 range.  But even with the lower numbers this weekend and next I fully expect the Havoc to break the SPHL attendance record again this season.  That's the demand I speak of, and not just a snapshot of one weekend.

So just out of curiosity, do you typically try to get the same seat or seating area for the games in GA?  You mentioned in your original post that it was your choice to get there early.  If that's the case, why wouldn't you want to have that seat assigned to you for all the games so you don't have to hit the front door as soon as it opens and run to your seat, then make sure someone is always there to hold it when you go get a drink or take a break?  Seems like a no-brainer to me, other than the cost.  Which is why I asked if cost was your real concern.

I guess I am a fan of reserved seats.  I hated going to the movies back in the day when you didn't have an assigned seat either.  Now I can go online and pick my seat, then get the theater after the trailers start and know exactly where I'll be enjoying the next two hours.  Same with concerts.  Same with Havoc games.  

Can't speak to the issue but take it from someone who goes to some games in Fayetteville yours is a nice problem to have. I hope it works out for all. Two games this year in FAY when the attendance was announced over a thousand there was more like 400 in the seats.  It's nice to be able to walk up and get tix but no fun watching a game with so few fans in the stands.

2 hours ago, TwistedBrass said:

The lower rows of the upper bowl (Silver reserved) are all the same price.  There's no cost difference between the end seats and those at center ice. 

Bronze reserved seating takes over at row K, and that's really only on the sides.

Here's the new seating map.

If that's the case then I agree with the whiner from TN. Probably nobody will ever go to a game again. Between that and season ticket holders having to wait in line like everybody else, the VBC might as well just close down.

21 hours ago, SASRACE said:

I would like to hear thoughts on all reserved seating next year at the VBC, I for one am not a fan of it as I sit in GA and can't attend all the games so you are forcing me to buy season tickets. I have season tickets in GA and I know I have to get there early to get my seat if not I will go sit somewhere else, but that is my choice, not the VBC/Havoc making me.   Also from people that I talk to in the area, it will hurt attendance, just like the new 305 section up top that has just started and they sit in GA, now they all must be forced to buy season tickets.

Okay, reserved seating and season tickets are not the same thing. Season tickets are bought for every home game and you will have your assigned seat, in the same seat every game.

Reserved seating is just a fancy way of charging more for better seats.

If you purchase tickets by the game, you won't have the same seat(s) every game.

And why do you assume that they are "forcing" you to purchase season tickets?

Where is the source of this information?

The information is coming from the renewal letter to existing season ticket holders:

Next season, the 300 Level (upstairs) will become all reserved and split into two price levels, silver and bronze. We will no longer have a general admission seating area, and everything upstairs will now be a reserved seat. When renewals begin, we will give our current general admission Season Ticket Holders a chance to reserve their seat before opening it up to everyone after renewals. This will give those that were previously in general admission a chance to reserve their favorite untaken Silver or Bronze level seat.

This is getting blown out of proportion.  Nobody is forcing anyone to buy a season ticket. 

• If you were a GA season ticket holder this season, you can be the same next season -- just with an assigned seat and you've got first dibs on picking it.
  • If you buy your tickets at the window, you can keep doing that the same as always, but now those tickets will have seat numbers printed on them.  Could be different seats every time you buy.  And you'll know up front if you can sit as a group when you show up with your large party on a sell-out night.

The cost increase for nosebleed is small, even though the seats will now be reserved.

• Thanks 1

Where we sit at is the $336 price range so that is an increase of $84 that is almost a whole season of parking extra during the season in the garage.  Also if you and others have reserved least you can't bring anybody with you because they can't sit with you like the seats next to you might have been sold or somebody else in them.  That is what makes it hard for friends or family that might just be in town or go once in a while

5 minutes ago, SASRACE said:

Where we sit at is the $336 price range so that is an increase of $84 that is almost a whole season of parking extra during the season in the garage.  Also if you and others have reserved least you can't bring anybody with you because they can't sit with you like the seats next to you might have been sold or somebody else in them.  That is what makes it hard for friends or family that might just be in town or go once in a while

I totally understand your frustration with the latter, as I have similar issues for the Thanksgiving game which has been my family tradition for years.  I used to rent a suite for that game, but this year the suite I would reserve turned into a corporate suite and someone had already reserved the birthday suite, so we missed out this season.  A few years ago I turned my tickets in for GA tickets in an attempt to have everyone sit together in GA, but we couldn't find 16 seats together.  My best option was to purchase reserved Silver seats to get everyone together, but I was unable to exchange my season tickets when doing that.  I don't know how the new ticket exchange is going to work, but going to all reserved might actually allow you to swap your season ticket seats for reserved seats with the rest of your group.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:24 AM, hockeydoc said:

I would suggest that you take your concerns to the office and talk with Keith and/or Ashley. Doc

I have talked to the front office and I get the idea that this is to get people off their backs who get there late and not enough seats in GA for them so they eliminate the problem by making all seats reserved. I also brought up the deal about trying to bring others to game and no seats where they can sit next to you and that they would just have to sit somewhere else. Not fun to invites friends to game when they can't sit with you

1 hour ago, SASRACE said:

I have talked to the front office and I get the idea that this is to get people off their backs who get there late and not enough seats in GA for them so they eliminate the problem by making all seats reserved. I also brought up the deal about trying to bring others to game and no seats where they can sit next to you and that they would just have to sit somewhere else. Not fun to invites friends to game when they can't sit with you

Solutions: 1- get there early; or 2- buy your tickets in advance. It's not the front office's problem that there are not enough seats in GA. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Solutions: 1- get there early; or 2- buy your tickets in advance. It's not the front office's problem that there are not enough seats in GA. 

Ya, but what about that once every three years that I don't find out until the last minute that 43 of my friends want to come to the game with me?

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

You have 43 friends??? 

On $2 beer nights, EVERYBODY is fred's friend.  As long as they use cash.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

And as long as they pay for it themselves- :beer: 🍻

I don't mind buying my friends some beer. 

Ok we had two games this weekend and we did not sell out and yes I know last night was probably due to the weather being bad, but if you look at the arena on these past two nights the majority of people are in the GA at the top.  I know the bottom will always be full, but there were plenty of the reserved seats available both nights.

My friends and I also are wondering if the drum corp, the high school bands, and the Youth Explosion nights will have to buy reserved seats for next year.  According to the new rules no GA seats will be in the building so how are you going to accommodate these groups or are they going by the wayside.

10 hours ago, SASRACE said:

Ok we had two games this weekend and we did not sell out and yes I know last night was probably due to the weather being bad, but if you look at the arena on these past two nights the majority of people are in the GA at the top.  I know the bottom will always be full, but there were plenty of the reserved seats available both nights.

My friends and I also are wondering if the drum corp, the high school bands, and the Youth Explosion nights will have to buy reserved seats for next year.  According to the new rules no GA seats will be in the building so how are you going to accommodate these groups or are they going by the wayside.

Groups will get assigned seating, just as they did in years past.  They've always blocked off spots for these groups, and now that task will be easier with reserved seating for the groups.  No more roping off sections for these groups and telling GA ticket holders they can't sit there.  IMO reserved seating just made these group nights easier. 

• Thanks 2

On 3/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, SJSharkies4ever said:

Okay, reserved seating and season tickets are not the same thing. Season tickets are bought for every home game and you will have your assigned seat, in the same seat every game.

Reserved seating is just a fancy way of charging more for better seats.

If you purchase tickets by the game, you won't have the same seat(s) every game.

And why do you assume that they are "forcing" you to purchase season tickets?

Where is the source of this information?

Thanks!  I was reading this confused.  All my tickets have seat numbers even if they are in different locations.

How often are lower deck seats available on game day?  I checked yesterday, and they only had one which was reserved so they couldn’t sell it.  Thinking about giving up my seats next season.

4 hours ago, AuburnAL said:

How often are lower deck seats available on game day?  I checked yesterday, and they only had one which was reserved so they couldn’t sell it.  Thinking about giving up my seats next season.

Also, reserved is a way of saying that you choose your seats from the availability list. Think of Ticketmaster. They have an interactive seating chart that you select from available seats in reserved seating. Therefore, you are making a "reservation" for those seats, then you can either pick those tickets up from will-call or, as it was with my Carolina Hurricanes tickets, have digital tickets sent to you for admission. General admission sort of works the same way, but then again doesn't. General admission is always going to be the cheapest tickets with the worst seating.