Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
SASRACE

Thoughts on Havoc Going All Reserved Seating Next Year?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, AuburnAL said:

How often are lower deck seats available on game day? 

Depends.  Lower bowl is primarily season ticket holders, but some of those seats are half-season.  Depending on how the matching works out, you can end up with a few unsold seats here and there at some games.

If you want season ticket seats in the lower bowl, now is the time to call Daniel and get on the list.  The deadline for renewals was 3/9.  Turnover starts this week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, bdoty said:

Groups will get assigned seating, just as they did in years past.  They've always blocked off spots for these groups, and now that task will be easier with reserved seating for the groups.  No more roping off sections for these groups and telling GA ticket holders they can't sit there.  IMO reserved seating just made these group nights easier. 

You say groups will get assigned seating, well the band always sits in the section we sit in and we have to move so then we get reserved seats in our section then what if they can't find enough open area for these groups do they split them up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
9 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

Also, reserved is a way of saying that you choose your seats from the availability list. Think of Ticketmaster. They have an interactive seating chart that you select from available seats in reserved seating. Therefore, you are making a "reservation" for those seats, then you can either pick those tickets up from will-call or, as it was with my Carolina Hurricanes tickets, have digital tickets sent to you for admission. General admission sort of works the same way, but then again doesn't. General admission is always going to be the cheapest tickets with the worst seating.

I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at.  The woman at the counter said she had one seat available, but it was reserved.  If it was for sale she should have sold it to me.  I would have bought it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, TwistedBrass said:

Depends.  Lower bowl is primarily season ticket holders, but some of those seats are half-season.  Depending on how the matching works out, you can end up with a few unsold seats here and there at some games.

If you want season ticket seats in the lower bowl, now is the time to call Daniel and get on the list.  The deadline for renewals was 3/9.  Turnover starts this week.

Nah.  I got upper deck season tickets this year, but between life and the parking situation being such a disaster nowadays I think next year I’ll just try to pick up lower deck tickets if I go to a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, AuburnAL said:

I’m not sure I understand what you are getting at.  The woman at the counter said she had one seat available, but it was reserved.  If it was for sale she should have sold it to me.  I would have bought it.

It's simple, when you purchase a "reserved" seat, those seat(s) are yours, based on your ticket purchase. This means no one may take those seats, because most arenas have ushers that escort you to your seats. You have made a reservation for that seat(s).

For example, if you purchase a ticket in section 101, row A, seat 12, then that is your seat for that game.

Let me explain it such as this. At baseball stadiums, moreover let's take Columbus, GA for example. Historic Golden Park has reserved seating, mostly box seating or chair back seats. These seats have numbers on them. General admission seating is mostly your aluminum bench seating.

At your newer ballparks, they are adopting the style of entertainment arenas, where all seating is chair back and are numbered. Therefore, all those seats are to be considered "reserved" seating. Now, you can have different levels of "reserved" seating. Premium reserved, VIP reserved, etc. Whatever you want to call it, those seat(s) are yours because the tickets you purchase.

At newer ballparks, your general admission seating will usually be lawn berm seating or STO (standing room only).

The image below is of my Greensboro Grasshoppers seating map at First National Bank Field. As you can see, sections 101-114 are all chair back seats and are reserved seating; however, the orange sections are premium reserved seating and the green sections are box seating (also reserved). Natty's hill lawn seating, State Farm hill lawn seating and corona corner are all general admission tickets. 

Arena's are set up differently as they usually have an upper deck. That upper deck seating is usually general admission, even though those seats are numbered.

2017_Stadium_Map_2_wh2ytvi5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

It's simple, when you purchase a "reserved" seat, those seat(s) are yours, based on your ticket purchase. This means no one may take those seats, because most arenas have ushers that escort you to your seats. You have made a reservation for that seat(s).

For example, if you purchase a ticket in section 101, row A, seat 12, then that is your seat for that game.

Let me explain it such as this. At baseball stadiums, moreover let's take Columbus, GA for example. Historic Golden Park has reserved seating, mostly box seating or chair back seats. These seats have numbers on them. General admission seating is mostly your aluminum bench seating.

At your newer ballparks, they are adopting the style of entertainment arenas, where all seating is chair back and are numbered. Therefore, all those seats are to be considered "reserved" seating. Now, you can have different levels of "reserved" seating. Premium reserved, VIP reserved, etc. Whatever you want to call it, those seat(s) are yours because the tickets you purchase.

At newer ballparks, your general admission seating will usually be lawn berm seating or STO (standing room only).

The image below is of my Greensboro Grasshoppers seating map at First National Bank Field. As you can see, sections 101-114 are all chair back seats and are reserved seating; however, the orange sections are premium reserved seating and the green sections are box seating (also reserved). Natty's hill lawn seating, State Farm hill lawn seating and corona corner are all general admission tickets. 

Arena's are set up differently as they usually have an upper deck. That upper deck seating is usually general admission, even though those seats are numbered.

2017_Stadium_Map_2_wh2ytvi5.jpg

So Saturday when I went to the ticket office and asked if there were any tickets available in the lower, why did the woman say, “We have one, but it is reserved.” If someone had already bought the ticket how was it any different from every other lower deck seat?  If no one had purchased the ticket why did she act like being reserved meant she couldn’t sell it to me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
55 minutes ago, AuburnAL said:

So Saturday when I went to the ticket office and asked if there were any tickets available in the lower, why did the woman say, “We have one, but it is reserved.” If someone had already bought the ticket how was it any different from every other lower deck seat?  If no one had purchased the ticket why did she act like being reserved meant she couldn’t sell it to me?

Maybe she was just playing hard to get.  serenade.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, AuburnAL said:

So Saturday when I went to the ticket office and asked if there were any tickets available in the lower, why did the woman say, “We have one, but it is reserved.” If someone had already bought the ticket how was it any different from every other lower deck seat?  If no one had purchased the ticket why did she act like being reserved meant she couldn’t sell it to me?

She was saying that it's a reserved seat. Reserved seating gives teams the privilege to charge more. If the seat was available, then no one else had "reserved" it. All it means is the lower level are reserved seating and the upper level is general admission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

She was saying that it's a reserved seat. Reserved seating gives teams the privilege to charge more. If the seat was available, then no one else had "reserved" it. All it means is the lower level are reserved seating and the upper level is general admission.

I was willing to pay more because it was lower deck and a bigger seat.  All she had to do was sell it to me instead of saying it was reserved.  EDIT:  I really don’t think this is what you guys are getting at.  She showed me where the ticket was and then said it was reserved.  I mean why wouldn’t I think I was buying a ticket for a specific seat to start with?

 

Ultimately while I would have liked to buy the seat the other night my main concern is next year.  Next year if I call up or show up can I buy lower deck seats for a game without season tickets?  I don’t care if the seat is for a specific seat.  All my upper deck tickets are for specific seats too.

Edited by AuburnAL
This whole thing is confusing me as it goes on. Why would anyone think having a specific seat was confusing? So I am trying to explain that. I know the ticket was for a specific seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

@AuburnAL: I can see how such a response from the ticket seller would screw with your head.  Using the terms "open" or "taken" would seem to be a clearer way to communicate the availability (or not) of that single seat she pointed out during your purchase transaction.  Maybe the introduction of this Reserved Seating concept has the arena staff as confused as the fans are.  :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

@AuburnAL: I can see how such a response from the ticket seller would screw with your head.  Using the terms "open" or "taken" would seem to be a clearer way to communicate the availability (or not) of that single seat she pointed out during your purchase transaction.  Maybe the introduction of this Reserved Seating concept has the arena staff as confused as the fans are.  :blink:

I suspect she meant to say it was "GOLD Reserved", meaning you better have a GOLD credit card to afford it.  Otherwise you'll have to sit in the SILVER Reserved section with your Discover Card.  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, bdoty said:

I suspect she meant to say it was "GOLD Reserved", meaning you better have a GOLD credit card to afford it.  Otherwise you'll have to sit in the SILVER Reserved section with your Discover Card.  😉

If I have an American Express Black Card, can I purchase all of the "Reserved" seat tickets at VBC and hand them out to @SASRACE & his friends?  I promise I'd save two with unobstructed views for @AuburnAL.  :scrooge:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Way more serious than all this reserved/GA junk, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET THE BEER STAND CLOSE TO MY SEAT OPENED BACK UP? For the last four games I have had to walk all the way to the other side of the arena. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 3/11/2019 at 9:38 PM, AuburnAL said:

I was willing to pay more because it was lower deck and a bigger seat.  All she had to do was sell it to me instead of saying it was reserved.  EDIT:  I really don’t think this is what you guys are getting at.  She showed me where the ticket was and then said it was reserved.  I mean why wouldn’t I think I was buying a ticket for a specific seat to start with?

 

Ultimately while I would have liked to buy the seat the other night my main concern is next year.  Next year if I call up or show up can I buy lower deck seats for a game without season tickets?  I don’t care if the seat is for a specific seat.  All my upper deck tickets are for specific seats too.

 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, AuburnAL said:

“We have one, but it is reserved.”

This statement is what you said the lady told you. She told you there was one "reserved" seat available. Reserved means that you purchased the ticket for that specific seat so no one else can claim that seat. Think of a movie theater. You purchase a ticket to view a movie, and you can sit anywhere in the house, unless that movie theater has certain seats that are reserved. Again, calling seats reserved is just a fancy way of justifying charging more. You will pay more for lower level seating. Most glass seats are the most expensive seats and are usually snatched up in the season ticket reservations. If you book a hotel room, and they "reserve" a room for you, are you given that room or does someone have the opportunity to get it after you book it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, fred said:

Way more serious than all this reserved/GA junk, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET THE BEER STAND CLOSE TO MY SEAT OPENED BACK UP? For the last four games I have had to walk all the way to the other side of the arena. 

How come - is your granddaughter away at school?  Maybe you could get @hockeydoc to bring you beer between stitch-ups.  cheers.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
18 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

If I have an American Express Black Card, can I purchase all of the "Reserved" seat tickets at VBC and hand them out to @SASRACE & his friends?  I promise I'd save two with unobstructed views for @AuburnAL.  :scrooge:

You are truly a prince among men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

2 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

 

This statement is what you said the lady told you. She told you there was one "reserved" seat available. Reserved means that you purchased the ticket for that specific seat so no one else can claim that seat. Think of a movie theater. You purchase a ticket to view a movie, and you can sit anywhere in the house, unless that movie theater has certain seats that are reserved. Again, calling seats reserved is just a fancy way of justifying charging more. You will pay more for lower level seating. Most glass seats are the most expensive seats and are usually snatched up in the season ticket reservations. If you book a hotel room, and they "reserve" a room for you, are you given that room or does someone have the opportunity to get it after you book it?

 

Not trying to be rude, but that’s the way seats work.  No one calls them reserved.  I didn’t ask do you have reserved seats.  I asked if she had anything in the lower bowl.  She said I have one but it is reserved.  We shared an moment of silence staring into each other’s eyes, and I walked off thinking why did she say she had a seat if it was reserved?  And yes I realize I will pay more.  The seats are bigger,  i was up there for the Comicon and saw there was a game but did not have my tickets and no time to go home so I thought if I am paying extra why not go all the way and get the big fancy seat too.

When I go to a hotel I ask, “Do you have any rooms available?”  Not do you have any reserved rooms available?  Again if they’re “reserved” why would I think they would be available for purchase.  Someone clearly has already put money down to “reserve” them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, AuburnAL said:

 

 

Not trying to be rude, but that’s the way seats work.  No one calls them reserved.  I didn’t ask do you have reserved seats.  I asked if she had anything in the lower bowl.  She said I have one but it is reserved.  We shared an moment of silence staring into each other’s eyes, and I walked off thinking why did she say she had a seat if it was reserved?  And yes I realize I will pay more.  The seats are bigger,  i was up there for the Comicon and saw there was a game but did not have my tickets and no time to go home so I thought if I am paying extra why not go all the way and get the big fancy seat too.

When I go to a hotel I ask, “Do you have any rooms available?”  Not do you have any reserved rooms available?  Again if they’re “reserved” why would I think they would be available for purchase.  Someone clearly has already put money down to “reserve” them.

I'm not trying to be rude either. But you are obviously missing the point when I quote the word reserved. Reserved seating you are making a reservation for those seats, like as with a hotel room.

Reservation: the action of reserving something.

Again, the calling of better seats reserved is just the fancy way to justify charging more for those seats. They are the better seats and will have reservations made on those seats, unlike general admission. I'm really not sure if I can explain it anymore than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, AuburnAL said:

How often are lower deck seats available on game day?  I checked yesterday, and they only had one which was reserved so they couldn’t sell it.  Thinking about giving up my seats next season.

@AuburnAL: This thread has gotten really thready.  Re-reading your initial comment quoted above, and based solely on my interpretation of your description of the conversation with the team/box office, here's a possible scenario for the confusion that fueled your exchange with Sharkies: You asked about availability of lower bowl tickets for next season (or maybe for a specific game this season?).  The ticket agent checked the seating map indicating open seats remaining, and saw that only single-seat blocks remained unsold after the season ticket sales to date.  The agent's use of the word "reserved" in this context might've been solely an indication of the single seat being in the lower bowl, not an indication of it having been "reserved" by another buyer.  Further, perhaps the team policy (old or new) is to "reserve" single seats in the lower bowl for game day sales.  So the agent was restricted from selling you that single seat, whether it was for a season ticket package or for a single game in the future.

Lots of 3rd-party speculation in all that, I'll admit.  But language is a confounding property of human communication.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

MODERATOR ACTION: Post removed in accordance with the following SPHL Forums Guideline.

Quote

Trolling is prohibited- Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
4 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

I'm not trying to be rude either. But you are obviously missing the point when I quote the word reserved. Reserved seating you are making a reservation for those seats, like as with a hotel room.

Reservation: the action of reserving something.

Again, the calling of better seats reserved is just the fancy way to justify charging more for those seats. They are the better seats and will have reservations made on those seats, unlike general admission. I'm really not sure if I can explain it anymore than that.

No worries.  We should just agree to disagree I think.  I will try to keep your comments in mind when I try this next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
8 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Hot dog vendors and vendors who will throw you bags of peanuts, too- all while moving around while the puck's in play!

Why would I care about peanuts or what the puck is doing as long as they bring the beer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
23 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

How come - is your granddaughter away at school?  Maybe you could get @hockeydoc to bring you beer between stitch-ups.  cheers.gif

Sorry- I am in a service profession but my game-day duties involve taking care of the teams and staff, not beer-drinking fans in the stands. Doc 👨‍⚕️

Edited by hockeydoc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
×
×
  • Create New...