Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

The future of the Mississippi Riverkings...?

Someone that use to live in southern MS shared this on FB and said it was sent to them via email. 

Waiting to hear or see more on this as time passes.

FB_IMG_1551721289042.jpg

• Like 2

@SASRACE: Your source is NOTORIOUSLY unreliable, and as usual he has not provided linked evidence.  So I've added "RUMOR:" to your thread title, and folks here can hopefully add some credible information to confirm or deny the purported situation.

• Like 1

It seems some red flags are showing up from the posting on FB. Guy who posted it created his FB profile this past Dec. Also he just menitoned he couldn't reveal a source or link, as they are "in talks" with 2 arenas.

Too early for April fool's jokes.

A fellow named Michael Fournier—who apparently lives in Mississippi but speaks barely any English, so I guess he just moved from Quebec?—materialized on Twitter to spread this juicy rumor:

After a brief suspension (his initial handle was one of those suspicious ones with a million numbers at the end), he posted this addendum:

I’m as curious about who this would be as where the team would go, presuming of course that this story has legs in the first place.

He always talks about how much he loves hockey on TNT Basketball all the time. He has put money in St. Jude and other charitable organizations in the mid-south area. It's certainly possible it's him.

Update: the fellow from the Twitter thread says he’s part of the investment group

2 hours ago, Aceface905 said:

... I’m as curious about who this would be as where the team would go, presuming of course that this story has legs in the first place.

It not only has legs, it's got tentacles.  Beware.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aceface905 said:

A fellow named Michael Fournier—who apparently lives in Mississippi but speaks barely any English, so I guess he just moved from Quebec?—materialized on Twitter to spread this juicy rumor:

After a brief suspension (his initial handle was one of those suspicious ones with a million numbers at the end), he posted this addendum:

I’m as curious about who this would be as where the team would go, presuming of course that this story has legs in the first place.

That's the same guy who I saw original post it on FB.

• Like 1

Do a google search on Charles Barkley hockey and this doesn't seem as hard to believe.  He loves hockey. It still might rumor but i think its more believable now than before I seen his love for hockey.

18 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Do a google search on Charles Barkley hockey and this doesn't seem as hard to believe.  He loves hockey. It still might rumor but i think its more believable now than before I seen his love for hockey.

I copied and pasted this small paragraph from my search.

Charles Barkley. Charles Barkley had a 16-year career in the NBA and has since become a well-known basketball analyst for TNT. Despite a life shrouded in basketball, Barkley has always made time for hockey – even if it's during his contractually-obligated basketball time.

9 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

I copied and pasted this small paragraph from my search.

Charles Barkley. Charles Barkley had a 16-year career in the NBA and has since become a well-known basketball analyst for TNT. Despite a life shrouded in basketball, Barkley has always made time for hockey – even if it's during his contractually-obligated basketball time.

I love the ones where he is hating on the NBA Playoff, saying how much more competitive the NHL Playoff is.  Even saying on air i'll be watching the NHL in the back instead of basketball when he's an analyst for basketball.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Do a Google search on "U.S.lunar landing" and it doesn't seem so hard to believe that Neil Armstrong took his "One small step for man ..." on an NBC Studio sound stage.  The influential power of words on the internet can make anything seem possible to those inclined to believe them.  :hmm:

• Like 1

Let's say that Charles Barkley and the most French man in Mississippi are actually in talks with arenas and/or the league. There is a zero percent chance that Maddox Foundation is involved.

9 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

Let's say that Charles Barkley and the most French man in Mississippi are actually in talks with arenas and/or the league. ...

I thought "@SippiCanadian" meant he drinks Labatt Blue from a child's training cup.  :unsure:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Do a Google search on "U.S.lunar landing" and it doesn't seem so hard to believe that Neil Armstrong took his "One small step for man ..." on an NBC Studio sound stage.  The influential power of words on the internet can make anything seem possible to those inclined to believe them.  :hmm:

Where did I say I believed them?  I said after I googled it that it made it more possible to believe since he is a big hockey fan.  Big difference there.

46 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Where did I say I believed them?  I said after I googled it that it made it more possible to believe since he is a big hockey fan.  Big difference there.

"... i think its more believable now than before I seen his love for hockey."  Thanks for the clarification.

I think its more believable now than before.  Does that say I believe it 100%?  No! Does that mean I believe it 50%?  No!  It means I believe it a little more than I did.  I didn't really think it needed more clarification.