Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Pensacola 3/9/19 8:05 pm et.

16 hours ago, HaLLoW WoLF said:

" Maybe a little better media coverage would be something to help us fans be more aware of these inner workings so we would not have to guess."

I agree. In Fayetteville they started a weekly coaches show back in January.  Now there's no need for fans to have to speculate on what is going on with the team. The coach fills us in on what is going on. Without a coaches show or something similar we as fans either speculate (this forum is a great place for it) or we just sit back and admire how good the boys look in their sweaters.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

I agree. In Fayetteville they started a weekly coaches show back in January.  Now there's no need for fans to have to speculate on what is going on with the team. The coach fills us in on what is going on. Without a coaches show or something similar we as fans either speculate (this forum is a great place for it) or we just sit back and admire how good the boys look in their sweaters.

I agree as well. I feel like I often have no idea what is going on with the team. I wish the team would put out more stuff than a driving with the Dawgs episode every few weeks. While, I like those videos I do wish they’d talk about more things that are relevant, I guess. Even though I have season tickets and check this website often I sometimes forget that Roanoke has a team. Of course, I’m being a bit dramatic but it has to feel that way for more casual fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

I agree as well. I feel like I often have no idea what is going on with the team. I wish the team would put out more stuff than a driving with the Dawgs episode every few weeks. While, I like those videos I do wish they’d talk about more things that are relevant, I guess. Even though I have season tickets and check this website often I sometimes forget that Roanoke has a team. Of course, I’m being a bit dramatic but it has to feel that way for more casual fans. 

I agree, it would definately help instead of wondering about transactions all the time.  Like I said, Levac still has no number and from what I heard he hasn't even reported yet.  I've heard some say he is expected to sometime, but all thats speculation that something like a coach's show every week would eliminate.

10 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I agree, it would definately help instead of wondering about transactions all the time.  Like I said, Levac still has no number and from what I heard he hasn't even reported yet.  I've heard some say he is expected to sometime, but all thats speculation that something like a coach's show every week would eliminate.

Maybe Bremner doesn't have an interest in that or likes to keep things quiet? 

Either way, the Dawgs are really falling behind when it comes to keep fans informed about most everything.

27 minutes ago, Canucks13 said:

Maybe Bremner doesn't have an interest in that or likes to keep things quiet? 

Either way, the Dawgs are really falling behind when it comes to keep fans informed about most everything.

If you listen to Greg Roberts Live on Wednesday, starting at 6pm of WFIR you get a full 30-45 minutes of Dawg stuff with  Mele, Murray and Dion.  They do touch on call ups, trades and cuts.  You can go back to Greg's past shows to get caught up although with the team being on the road for the last month there hasn't been anyone in studio to discuss.

56 minutes ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

If you listen to Greg Roberts Live on Wednesday, starting at 6pm of WFIR you get a full 30-45 minutes of Dawg stuff with  Mele, Murray and Dion.  They do touch on call ups, trades and cuts.  You can go back to Greg's past shows to get caught up although with the team being on the road for the last month there hasn't been anyone in studio to discuss.

I've never felt like that is the best way to get information out there in this day and age. I am aware that Greg Roberts covers the Dawgs really well but if it were not for this website I would not know the interviews existed. The Dawgs social media needs to pick up the slack.

1 hour ago, Canucks13 said:

I've never felt like that is the best way to get information out there in this day and age. I am aware that Greg Roberts covers the Dawgs really well but if it were not for this website I would not know the interviews existed. The Dawgs social media needs to pick up the slack.

I will say the media and write ups are pretty vague and bare however Brian ( who writes those I believe ) may be handcuffed by management or ownership.  If you go back to August I believe McGinn gave an interview where he said they didn't release things on purpose sometimes to keep everyone guessing.  Like Cody Dion for example had been signed in May and I don't think they announced that until August.

2 hours ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

I will say the media and write ups are pretty vague and bare however Brian ( who writes those I believe ) may be handcuffed by management or ownership.  If you go back to August I believe McGinn gave an interview where he said they didn't release things on purpose sometimes to keep everyone guessing.  Like Cody Dion for example had been signed in May and I don't think they announced that until August.

The Dawgs have a strange business model at times.

5 hours ago, HockeyRoanoke said:

Like Cody Dion for example had been signed in May and I don't think they announced that until August.

That part is actually typical for any team.  Teams often sit on signing information so they can schedule a long series of media posts in the early fall.  Those announcements help build anticipation leading into training camp and the new season.