Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Chaos Ensues In Thunderbirds, Enforcers Game

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Sure didn't see much in the short clip to warrant player suspensions- must be more video somewhere justifying the players getting suspended. 

I think I saw somewhere the bench had cleared earlier in the game.

5 hours ago, Speedracer said:

nichollsref.gif

The cameraman's probably gonna get fired because of this.

That could just be a cellphone.

1 hour ago, RapidFire19 said:

🤔😂

FB_IMG_1552427413568.jpg

FB_IMG_1552427419793.jpg

I feel like the league may give further sanctions for this.

1 hour ago, AuburnAL said:

I feel like the league may give further sanctions for this.

$45 donated to the campaign before it got shut down. I'm wondering who pulled the plug.

Why don't we not have any officials in any sport anymore. That's what MLB and a good part of the NBA want anyway. Just let the players, fans and coaches make up the rules and decide tough calls.

Edited by RiverKings99

12 minutes ago, RiverKings99 said:

Why don't we not have any officials in any sport anymore. That's what MLB and a good part of the NBA want anyway. Just let the players, fans and coaches make up the rules and decide tough calls.

That’s how curling does it.

15 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Wrestlemania is NOT "sports"..........but then, neither is the FHL..........now I forget where I was going with this..........  :unsure:

Somebody needs to ask ESPN why they cover wrestling on their website then.

4 hours ago, Speedracer said:

$45 donated to the campaign before it got shut down. I'm wondering who pulled the plug.

I got a feeling they pulled it when the video got let out of the bag and killed their chance at trying to blame it on the officials.

7 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Hits = Advertising Revenue.  They'd cover midget bowling if they thought it'd draw a steady stream of on-line visitors.

11 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

They gave up hockey for poker, that should tell you something right there. Besides, Sports Entertainment (wrestling) is in their name (Entertainment Sports Programming Network).

Besides, cable TV channels are now just marginalizing to whatever programming makes them money. A&E (Arts & Entertainment) has more LivePD than any other program I can think of. GSN is 24/7 Steve Harvey Family Feud, TruTV (formerly CourtTV) is just a bunch of idiots playing Jackass light. TLC (The Learning Channel) has fat people and kiddy pageants, and Music Television.............

Full disclosure: I work for Discovery/TLC.

1 hour ago, Speedracer said:

They gave up hockey for poker, that should tell you something right there. Besides, Sports Entertainment (wrestling) is in their name (Entertainment Sports Programming Network).

Besides, cable TV channels are now just marginalizing to whatever programming makes them money. A&E (Arts & Entertainment) has more LivePD than any other program I can think of. GSN is 24/7 Steve Harvey Family Feud, TruTV (formerly CourtTV) is just a bunch of idiots playing Jackass light. TLC (The Learning Channel) has fat people and kiddy pageants, and Music Television.............

Full disclosure: I work for Discovery/TLC.

A few comments...

TruTV should have shown more Full Throttle Saloon.  Great show, and they never showed reruns.

TLC should stop trying to run Sister Wives and 90 Day Fiancé against Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.  These are the only TLC shows I want to watch, but I will watch The Walking Dead family of shows first.

From Bus Hockey League : 

Read more https://busleaguehockey.com/2019/03/13/fhl-to-use-four-man-officiating-crews-for-remainder-of-the-season/

FHL to use four-man crew for remainder of the season

In reaction to Sunday’s incident between Elmira Enforcers owner Robbie Nichols and a Federal Hockey League referee, multiple sources within the FHL confirmed that the league will be using four-man officiating crews for the remainder of the season, with the hopes of having them league-wide for this weekend’s games when all six teams are in action.

And according to Carolina Thunderbirds General Manager Scott Brand, who is now acting as the FHL’s officiating scheduler, four-man crews had been in the talks for the FHL prior to the start of this season............

2 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

And if it costs the FHL an extra couple hundred bucks a night to cut down on a lot of that stuff, and potentially stop future incidents like Sunday from happening, then it will money well spent by the league.

What about a couple hundred bucks for security for the officials?