SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SouthernHockeyGirl

Call-ups to Higher Leagues Thread

Correct me if i am wrong, but the schedule this week is an AWAY game with  Roanoke.  The article above has incorrect info regarding Veterans Day activities.  

Yep, Pope mentioned it like those events are THIS Friday, but they aren't until NEXT Friday, November 15th. I hope Pope gets it corrected before it goes to print tonight.

EDIT: Someone at the FO also needs to proofread articles for typos before they are posted/printed.

Edited by SouthernHockeyGirl

Boy we were hit hard, knew this would happen, I believe more call ups coming. By December we may not recognize this team, glad we got off to a good start

Only way we might have competitive games!  😂  Didn't see much from Malcolm playing wise.  He wasn't bad, just nothing special and never see him play that many shifts.  They must have seen his fight.  Crazy they want to cut down on the fighting, but still seeing all of them getting called up just like Jake Schultz did.  Definately wasn't for his hockey skills either.  Tirone is pretty good from what i've seen.  Not sure about Rapid City or whats happened since they got rid of Barone when he was there for 5 weeks with 3 other goalies and never played a game before releasing him.  Maybe they had some call ups or injuries since then.

31 minutes ago, antman said:

Backup to Tirone ok, won the two games he appeared in, will need to play a tight defense though

I believe the team will give him plenty of support and we will continue to get the wins.  This team is playing well and will overcome adversity as it shows up 

4 hours ago, antman said:

Backup to Tirone ok, won the two games he appeared in, will need to play a tight defense though

I would probably wait to see him get in a game other than two games he beat Roanoke.  Shouldn't base anything off of playing us, so far this year.

22 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Goalie Danny Tirone called up to Rapid City. Good luck!

Ben Halford signed today

34 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

....andddddd....today Luke Stork got released from Newfoundland. Returned to Fayetteville according to transactions.

He shows up in the pregame roster for us.  That's great news. 

VanderEsch was not in the Newfoundland game tonight or even on the lineup sheet, they have a ton of forwards up therr

CALLED-UP PLAYER UPDATES:

Dylan Vander Esch - Newfoundland Growlers - 3 games played - 1 goal - 3 assists = 4 points

Luke Stork - Reading Royals - 1 game played - 2 goals = 2 points

Malcolm Hayes - Kansas City Mavericks - 2 games played - 0 points

Danny Tirone - Rapid City Rush - 0 games played

43 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Danny Tirone (G) released from Rapid City on Sunday. Malcolm Hayes (D) released from Kansas City today (Monday). Both are eligible for pickups off waivers or may return to Fayetteville.

It would be nice to have them both back for our 3 in 3 this weekend.   It will be interesting to see if coach cuts a forward and keeps 7 defensemen or keeps only 6 d's which means losing one.