Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SouthernHockeyGirl

Call-ups to Higher Leagues Thread

1 hour ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Malcolm Hayes (D) called back up to Kansas City Mavericks.

I failed to include a callup in one of my previous comments.  My bad.

17 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Guess Doc's first sentence was overlooked: "How many times do I have to post that medical information is protected unless the player or team releases it?" If the player had already spoken about his condition, then why all the "I heard", "maybe we will get more info",  and "who knows"?

Thank you for noticing. Doc

On 1/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

MONDAY UPDATE as of 12:30 pm, January 6th. I'll try to keep this updated weekly for those interested in how the players are doing in the ECHL.

FayettevilleHockey-CALLUPS.jpg

This is some good info. Thanks for posting.   VanderEsch was on reserve this past week. McCue was just taken off reserve.  Tirone got an OTL in his first game but from the stats it looked like he did well. Halford has had a rough time stats wise in his 2 games.

• Like 1

I saw an article from Norfolk pretty much giving Tirone credit for taking the Admirals into OT to get a point despite the loss. Although Norfolk is struggling, I think he will do well with some time there to prove his skill.

• Like 1

Alec Marsh (F) released from Worchester Railers. Eligible for waiver claims by other ECHL teams or could return to Fayetteville.

Dylan Vander Esch (RW) activated from reserve with Newfoundland Growlers.

Thanks for the update.   We will hve to watch to see about Alec.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

And Konner Haas waived...again.

Not unexpected.  

Atlanta won 3-1 against Greenville last night, but Halford again didn't play for Gladiators. Goalie Chris Nell stopped 46 of 47 shots. Impressive. With former FireAntz MVP goalie Sean Bonar on IR, Nell has gotten all the starts with Halford as backup. When Bones comes back, Benny will probably be the odd man out unless Atlanta puts him on reserve - which many teams do with a 3rd goalie. 

Derian Hamilton (D) placed on reserve with Reading Royals.

Frankie Melton (F) suspended by team from Wichita Thunder roster but retain his ECHL rights. He got a roster spot on the Manchester Storm in the EIHL league in Great Britain. Fayetteville will retain his SPHL rights but he may not return this season.

https://manchesterstorm.com/transfer-news-manchester-storm-sign-frankie-melton/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beau McCue (RW) released & returned from Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Ray Pigozzi (LW) waived.

Glad Beau is headed back. That's one more back. 

Danny Tirone (G) released from Norfork Admirals. He didn't get much ice time there. He is available for waiver claims by other ECHL teams. Fayetteville still owns his SPHL rights, but he didn't return the last time he was waived in the ECHL.

22 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Danny Tirone (G) released from Norfork Admirals. He didn't get much ice time there. He is available for waiver claims by other ECHL teams. Fayetteville still owns his SPHL rights, but he didn't return the last time he was waived in the ECHL.

Wojtala has been called up to the E.  The transaction list could be interesting. We may see what happens to Tirone and Melton.  Um nevermind about Melton- I see SHG posted he is playing elsewhere.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

If Tirone reports back to Fayetteville this time, it won't leave too big a hole in net. If not, it's back to the goalie pool for another draw. Kallechy has done a good job of finding capable goalies this year.

Derian Hamilton (D) activated from reserve with Reading Royals.