Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernHockeyGirl

GDT: Fayetteville @ Quad City (Saturday 2/15) 8:10pm EST

According to an article released about 35 minutes ago from Quad City, Taylor Price has taken a callup to the ECHL following last night's game.  He has been a leading scorer for them so we hopefully will have an advantage tonight.  

2 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Provide the article source please...

From the "Quad City Times" in the SPHL Twitter Feed right hand column of these forums:

aoE8b5wc_normal.jpg

qctimes.com/sports/hockey/professional/minor/storm-fall-in-final-minute-to-marksmen/article_94ffcbef-4a31-510d-a7a9-7996b9965381.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share  via @qctimes

After the game, Pryce was called up to the ECHL's Wichita Thunder, the first call-up of his career. Pryce leads the Storm with 14 goals and 25 points this season.

(P.S. I am not @pitch01)

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Congrats on the callup to former Fayetteville player, Taylor Pryce!!!

Congrats to ANY teams top scorer who gets called up and is not available to play against us. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Provide the article source please...

it also is listed on todays SPHL transactions 

Guest hockeylife0327

This is our third 3 game weekend within a four week time period, and this weekend came with a long bus trip, so it could probably stand to reason that the guys are exhausted.  

That's why an easy schedule in the first half of the season isn't always a blessing because it can set you up for a difficult 2nd half. They better get used to it because they have FOUR more 3-game weekends coming up to include triple headers with long trips to Pensacola, Peoria, and a 2nd trip to Quad City. Grind time!

Lets not forget the 3 upcoming games next weekend.  3 games 3 different cities. FAY, Macon, and Knoxville.   I will be able to see us at home and then in Macon but the Knoxville game will be in front of my tv on Saturday night.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, hockeylife0327 said:

This is our third 3 game weekend within a four week time period, and this weekend came with a long bus trip, so it could probably stand to reason that the guys are exhausted.  

This is minor league hockey and the long bus trips with three games in three nights has been going on for well over 30 yrs.  

Guest hockeylife0327

My post wasn’t meant to start more of the negative passive aggressive banter that seems to dominate this particular forum.  I was simply trying to say the guys were probably tired. Just an observation.  I know the three game weekends and long bus trips have been taking place for years and I know they have several more three day weekends ahead.  I am a supporter of this team but it is obvious that this forum is not for supporters but more for those who want nothing more than to spread negativity.  So sad. 

4 hours ago, hockeylife0327 said:

My post wasn’t meant to start more of the negative passive aggressive banter that seems to dominate this particular forum.  I was simply trying to say the guys were probably tired. Just an observation.  I know the three game weekends and long bus trips have been taking place for years and I know they have several more three day weekends ahead.  I am a supporter of this team but it is obvious that this forum is not for supporters but more for those who want nothing more than to spread negativity.  So sad. 

I don't see AP being negative in his post. He's just stating the Facts. The players know what they are getting into with minor league hockey.

🤔

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

That's why an easy schedule in the first half of the season isn't always a blessing because it can set you up for a difficult 2nd half. They better get used to it because they have FOUR more 3-game weekends coming up to include triple headers with long trips to Pensacola, Peoria, and a 2nd trip to Quad City. Grind time!

Do not see on the schedule where they are traveling to Peoria, Peoria is coming to the crown for 3 games

• Thanks 1