Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

GDT - Roanoke @ Knoxville 2/14/20 7:35 pm et

Dawgs (12-19-5) are on the road in Knoxville for 2 games on Friday and Saturday.  On Sunday they will travel to Huntsville to finish off their 3 games in 3 days.  This is the start of a brutal schedule of 6 games in 9 days.  Dawgs currently sit in 9th place 1 point ahead of Macon, 3 points behind Birmingham, and 5 points behind Quad City.  

Pregame Notes

SPHL Live Scoreboard

Game Live

Listen Dawgs Mixlr (Free)

Watch Dawgs SPHL Live ($7.99)

Not good.  We are struggling big time.  Really not much to say positive about this game.  Looked flat for most of it.  Defense was atrocious.  Offense not generating very many quality scoring chances.  With 19 games left, we can't have many more of these.  Hopefully, we have a better showing tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Not good.  We are struggling big time.  Really not much to say positive about this game.  Looked flat for most of it.  Defense was atrocious.  Offense not generating very many quality scoring chances.  With 19 games left, we can't have many more of these.  Hopefully, we have a better showing tomorrow.

How do you guys keep getting worse?  I saw your team roll out and thought these guys should be really tough to play against now.  I"m not sure your defense is atrocious, by the way.  As I watched, I realized you had no offensive threats and no playmakers.  Your offense never holds possession which makes your defense goes for extended periods of time under pressure.  Your entire team does turn the puck over in some pretty bad ways.  Your lack of offense makes your defense look worse than it is.  I don't understand your team, though.  Are they tough?  Are they physical?  Are they fast?  Are they intelligent?  What is their identity?  I'm not sure what Roanoke is trying to accomplish with their team.  Hope you guys figure it out soon.

6 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

How do you guys keep getting worse?  I saw your team roll out and thought these guys should be really tough to play against now.  I"m not sure your defense is atrocious, by the way.  As I watched, I realized you had no offensive threats and no playmakers.  Your offense never holds possession which makes your defense goes for extended periods of time under pressure.  Your entire team does turn the puck over in some pretty bad ways.  Your lack of offense makes your defense look worse than it is.  I don't understand your team, though.  Are they tough?  Are they physical?  Are they fast?  Are they intelligent?  What is their identity?  I'm not sure what Roanoke is trying to accomplish with their team.  Hope you guys figure it out soon.

We have no identity at this point.  Bremner preaches speed, physicality, and passion, but at this point i'm not seeing much of it.  We are lacking in playmakers.  Jeff Jones is about all we have that consistently gets on the scoreboard.  Almost 40 games in and after call-ups we almost have as many games played as we do players with goals left on our roster, which is 46.  Jeff Jones owns 12 of them and over 25% of our offense.  Defense is bad considering they let guys behind them all night for odd man rushes.  After one of the goals from a two on one last night, right after the next faceoff the same defenseman got beat again and Knoxville got a two on one that Dill had to stop.  Yes, our lack of offense and awful turnovers leads to playing defense a lot more, but it seems neither is playing well.  Our goalies get no help clearing rebounds after an initial save. But yes our offense is worse, but our defense isn't playing very good either.  Shouldn't be giving up odd man rush after odd man rush while generating none of these opportunities for yourself.  Not sure what the problem is, but we aren't looking good and the team is playing nothing like our coach always preaches to his team he wants to play.  I'm hoping for a turnaround, but after every game like this it gets a little bit harder each time.