Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

TENNforcer

If someone can help...

I won one of the jerseys in the auction at last Saturday's game. I've also got 3 other jerseys that each have their own burns, rips, and scuff marks on them which doesn't bother me at all. The new one I got though has a rip that is leaving a small flap of material hanging off (probably no bigger than a nickel in size). It really doesn't bother me at all having it like that because as rough as these games are, I expect damage to the jerseys. I was just curious if anyone knows of a place in town that can do alterations to hockey jerseys. Like I said, the rip doesn't bother me at all, I was just thinking to myself while looking at it that I can see myself getting up out of my seat at the game and the hole gets caught in the arm rest and rips even further. Dad, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you probably ask Jim if the team repairs the jerseys they use throughout the season, and if they do, who usually does it? I'd appreciate all of you all for any help!

You might also check with the lady that does the nameplates and numbers. I think she does alterations too. You can usually find her down by the announcers booth game nights. I forget her name.

I talked to the kid and he said Mark (psyco) Williamson the equiptment mgr takes care of that stuff and he would take care of it for you, he was sure, and to come down to the arena between 9 and noon during practice. Use the lower door down where the players and Zamboni go in and outside. :thumbsup:

I think the lady you're talking about is named Debra. I left a message for Feathers, and he got back to me and said the same thing you did, Dad, about how Mark or Debra can take care of it. Thanks for both of your help!... Dad, was that you and the family winning the kid's jersey at the auction? I saw a group together (seemed like a family) and the man who won the jersey had an Ice Bears hat on with embroidery on the back of it. Couldn't tell what it said, but I knew you were talking about getting something done like that. I almost thought about waving to say hey or something cause I was sitting within the row up front, but I thought that would been a $200 wave if they thought I was bidding on the next jersey haha Glad you were able to make it down again for the weekend! It must have been tough with the 2 losses at the beginning of it and the unfortunate incident with Vlieter, but what a 3rd and final period for weekend with the Bears lighting it up the way they did!

I think the lady you're talking about is named Debra. I left a message for Feathers, and he got back to me and said the same thing you did, Dad, about how Mark or Debra can take care of it. Thanks for both of your help!... Dad, was that you and the family winning the kid's jersey at the auction? I saw a group together (seemed like a family) and the man who won the jersey had an Ice Bears hat on with embroidery on the back of it. Couldn't tell what it said, but I knew you were talking about getting something done like that. I almost thought about waving to say hey or something cause I was sitting within the row up front, but I thought that would been a $200 wave if they thought I was bidding on the next jersey haha Glad you were able to make it down again for the weekend! It must have been tough with the 2 losses at the beginning of it and the unfortunate incident with Vlieter, but what a 3rd and final period for weekend with the Bears lighting it up the way they did!

Yes, her name is Debra Ayers. All you need to do is stop by the penalty boxes (she's an off ice official) and she'll tell you what she charges to do whatever work you need done.

Appreciate it, Volstate... still being an official, would that mean the best time to go pay her a visit would be pregame, during intermissions, post, or anytime at all?

Appreciate it, Volstate... still being an official, would that mean the best time to go pay her a visit would be pregame, during intermissions, post, or anytime at all?

Beginning of game would be best. Intermissions tend to be hectic particularly if it's been an eventful period.

Ya, that was us, me the wife and the kids future inlaws. I got the hat from the kid it says HOCKEYDAD on the back, had a great time. Like I always say " Win or lose we still drink the BOOZE " :thumbsup:

She is the best, You do not want to repair anything to the game worn jerseys, Lose all there value if you do. Also when you get them signed, have a number on the back signed, not on the jersey.

She is the best, You do not want to repair anything to the game worn jerseys, Lose all there value if you do. Also when you get them signed, have a number on the back signed, not on the jersey.

Jerseys are repaired during the season, by the end they've been sewn and patched up, they still sell. It all comes down to who's it is and whether you bought it to keep and wear or as some kind of investment.

Jerseys are repaired during the season, by the end they've been sewn and patched up, they still sell. It all comes down to who's it is and whether you bought it to keep and wear or as some kind of investment.

I wouldn't recommend Ice Bear jerseys as an investment...

I wouldn't recommend Ice Bear jerseys as an investment...

We hang'em on the rec. room walls till the wife takes'em down to wear to a game. :cheering:

Need any more?

I've got at least 100 of them all game worn, 2 by me and the rest by the Jensen Boys. Got a dozen on the walls. Bought my 1st one at an auction last Sat. and it's on the wall till we make our next trip to Knox. :hockey: