SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernHockeyGirl

GDT: Roanoke @ Fayetteville (Saturday 2/29) 6:00pm EST

Tonight will be game 12 of 12 between FAY & ROA this season..  FAY won the first 5 games of the season against ROA in regulation. In the last 6 against FAY, Roanoke is 5-0-1.  5 of the last 6 have went into OT or SO. The overall records head to head are FAY 6-1-4 and ROA 5-5-1. A Roanoke win tonight would give each team 6 wins versus the other on the year.

7 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Post game Dawgs vs. Spongebob shenanigans may get the attention of the league. 

First time in many years seeing a deputy needed on the ice to clear out the players. 

I apologize to Marksmen fans and the rest of the SPHL that we employ Schultz. He’s a thug. Over in the Dawgs board it’s not too popular when I say that. That’s twice this year I’ve seen him pummel an unsuspecting Marksmen player.

• Like 1

Yeah Schultz was an idiot also the Roanoke coach taunting the Marksmen players was really frustration and will warrant a suspension, referee lost control of the game, glad we held back because we always get screwed when we get into a suspension senerio,  told some fine Roanoke fans, have a safe trip home, they all seemed to appreciate that

• Like 1

From behind the Fayetteville bench. At the 6 minute mark, you'll see Fayetteville team doctor, Barry Williamson, try to bear hug Armstrong and pull him over the bench. Then Armstrong turns and punches him. Doc decides to leave.

EDIT: My apologies for not issuing a language alert. Wonder if the Fayetteville fans screaming profanity with children around will get banned from future games for violating the "Marksmen fan code of conduct"??? Hmmmm....

18 hours ago, Theoriginalalex said:

I apologize to Marksmen fans and the rest of the SPHL that we employ Schultz. He’s a thug. Over in the Dawgs board it’s not too popular when I say that. That’s twice this year I’ve seen him pummel an unsuspecting Marksmen player.

Said that (without mentioning any names, however- when I was writing about goon hockey) in a post in the Dawgs forum earlier in February.

7 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

From behind the Fayetteville bench. At the 6 minute mark, you'll see Fayetteville team doctor, Barry Williamson, try to bear hug Armstrong and pull him over the bench. Then Armstrong turns and punches him. Doc decides to leave.

EDIT: My apologies for not issuing a language alert. Wonder if the Fayetteville fans screaming profanity with children around will get banned from future games for violating the "Marksmen fan code of conduct"??? Hmmmm....

1. The doctor should not be touching players on the ice unless they are injured, right @hockeydoc? Kudos to the Marksmen trainer for showing restraint- I've seen some trainers get involved in bench scrums.

2. Sounded like even a kid was using profanity, and yes, they should get banned from the facility for using such language. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

1. The doctor should not be touching players on the ice unless they are injured, right @hockeydoc? Kudos to the Marksmen trainer for showing restraint- I've seen some trainers get involved in bench scrums.

PO, absolutely the doc should not touch any uninjured player, staff, or fan. I will scream and holler at the refs (as Havoc fans know) and heckle the opposing team players and staff, BUT FROM THE STANDS! I have to go check on the visitors at least after the game, if not sooner, if treatment is needed during or in between periods or after the game. Doc

• Thanks 2

On 2/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, antman said:

told some fine Roanoke fans, have a safe trip home, they all seemed to appreciate that

I appreciate that I didn’t get any grief from the home fans as I was leaving (I was in a Dawgs hat so my allegiance was obvious). I know I’ve never held what happened on the ice against visiting fans in my arena. In the end we are fans just the same, despite wearing different colors.

22 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Bremner was out of control at one point. No wonder his team has no discipline.

That’s this year’s Dawgs team summed up. What’s unfortunate to me the number of Roanoke fans who praise this “toughness” that’s really a disguise for losing a lot and being sore when they do. I’m done with Bremner after this season. He’s trying to be Trudel but he’s a lot worse at it.

21 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

There was lack of discipline everywhere. On the ice, on the bench, and in the stands.

The one thing I can take issue with is the fans who tossed garbage on the ice. Don’t know their allegiance but that’s never called for. I was behind the Fayetteville goal and thankfully things were calm there. We were just standing in disbelief.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

On 3/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, Theoriginalalex said:

I appreciate that I didn’t get any grief from the home fans as I was leaving (I was in a Dawgs hat so my allegiance was obvious). I know I’ve never held what happened on the ice against visiting fans in my arena. In the end we are fans just the same, despite wearing different colors.

That’s this year’s Dawgs team summed up. What’s unfortunate to me the number of Roanoke fans who praise this “toughness” that’s really a disguise for losing a lot and being sore when they do. I’m done with Bremner after this season. He’s trying to be Trudel but he’s a lot worse at it.

The one thing I can take issue with is the fans who tossed garbage on the ice. Don’t know their allegiance but that’s never called for. I was behind the Fayetteville goal and thankfully things were calm there. We were just standing in disbelief.

Praise toughness?  Apologizing for how a team acts? I'm happy our guys stick up for themselves after being disrespected. I mean come on, in what sport where can you show unsportsmanlike behaviour and get away with it?  You got brawls in football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, hell even Nascar Racing.  What does almost every fight start over?  Unsportsmanship.  I don't care how much you want to take fighting or toughness out of every sport it's just not going to fully happen.   When your team is playing the same guys 12 or 13 times a year and you get disrespected and tempers rise things are going to happen.  Just like a hitter in baseball flipping a bat after a homer. Pitcher pegging a hitter and charging the mound.  A dirty slide into a base.  Just like Kansas St. basketball player stealing the ball from the Kansas player trying to run the clock out and tried to dunk it and started a brawl and chair throwing like a WWE event.  How about football?  Taunting, bad hit, grabbing facemask.  All these are sports that don't even allow fighting.  I mean dang, why make a big deal about this?  Tables were turned you think they would have done things differently?  Say Travis Armstrong went after and beat up a guy who has 1 professional game under his belt like Josh Victor did? Breaking the Heavyweight vs Heavyweight unwritten rule? Or 2 when you know you broke the code you just stand by and keep taunting, while turtling up and running away the whole game.  Or we already up 2-1 and around 20 seconds left and hear the whistle and still shoot the puck in your net which you know is one of the most disrespectful things you can do in a hockey game.  Then hell if that's not enough you going to start taunting a guy when you already know he's about to boil over and beat the hell out of you and then run off again some more? If they want to play like that, let them do it, but I'm not going to apologize and say sorry when they want to tow the line with the rules and taunt.  In my eyes you want to play dirty like that you deserve whatever comes to you.  Look no further than last night when Boston Bruins jumped A Lightning guy for spraying his goalie after a whistle and about started a brawl..  Why isn't everyone whining and saying sorry over that one?  It's no worst than what Jake Schultz did and no different from most fights people get jumped for with unsportsmanlike conduct get done to them.  Worst thing I saw was Jake Schultz throwing someone's helmet in the crowd and it wasn't done maliciously. And don't even be one of those that says they didn't hear the whistle or Josh Victor wasn't antagonizing Armstrong to get that brawl started after the game because the proof is in the videos. Also don't tell me Roanoke shouldn't have still been on the ice because that's not a rule either.  That's an unwritten rule like Fayetteville had broken 3 times already so all sportsmanship was already all out the window. They might have not got suspended but they were just as much cause of it as Roanoke was.  If they just went out there and beat the hell out of them for no reason I'd be right there with you apologizing.  That's not the case.  For this same reason fighting is allowed.  So players police themselves over the blurred lines of the game.  They disrespected the whole team.  The league seen that and it's why they only got 1 game, except for Schultz who threw a helmet in the air into the crowd.  That was dumb because that probably got him most of the suspension. Everything else was well deserved.  Fayetteville got no suspension because you can't suspend poor sportsmanship of shooting after a whistle or being a coward.  But I'm sure every player out there lost a lot of respect for Josh Victor and Max Cook.  Sure next time they meet it will stay freshly in their mind.  Don't be crying when the tables are turned.  I guarantee  Bremner can come up with a better way to disrespect a team within the rules than Jesse Kallechy can.  You don't want conflict, don't be a poor sport and play the game the right way.  But my number 1 reason for writing this is to say quit being such softies, this is hockey.  To the Fayetteville fans, hope to see you soon, this incident sure did make for a really good playoff matchup.  It went from a 2 out of 10, to a 10 out of 10, and became a #1 want to see playoff match up.  Even top of my list over Peoria for me who we are 1-1 against in the last two years first rounds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1