Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Mayhem_Fan

FPHL: Carolina vs. Columbus 3/8/20

Wow! Those guys were so upset you would have thought someone must have lightly tapped a puck into an empty net after a soft whistle.

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Wow! Those guys were so upset you would have thought someone must have lightly tapped a puck into an empty net after a soft whistle.

Those unwritten rules sure can cause a ruckus 🤣

I wish the SPHL still had interesting hockey games like this.  Sanitized hockey by mediocre players in a league that believes it is developmental in nature is really not interesting.  I think I would prefer to watch the Fed at this point.

2 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

I wish the SPHL still had interesting hockey games like this.  Sanitized hockey by mediocre players in a league that believes it is developmental in nature is really not interesting.  I think I would prefer to watch the Fed at this point.

There have been occasional bench brawls in the SPHL. And good luck watching the Fed at this point!

3 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

Enjoy that. We'll miss your witty banter.

6 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Enjoy that. We'll miss your witty banter.

Hell, I'm sure everything is witty to your simplemindedness.

6 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

There have been occasional bench brawls in the SPHL. And good luck watching the Fed at this point!

I know the talent is worse, especially defensively; but why do you think their overall product is distinctly worse?  I think as a product at this level, they offer better entertainment.

2 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

I know the talent is worse, especially defensively; but why do you think their overall product is distinctly worse? 

I think as a product at this level, they offer better entertainment.

1. Contradiction in your own sentence- "talent is worse"- then how can the product be better?

2. At this time of COVID-19 they don't. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

1. Contradiction in your own sentence- "talent is worse"- then how can the product be better? ...

It ain't just about talent, Perfesser.  Charm brings a lot to every experience.

Edited by JMC-STL

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

1. Contradiction in your own sentence- "talent is worse"- then how can the product be better?

2. At this time of COVID-19 they don't. 

Physicality and emotional hockey make a better product despite lesser actual hockey skill.  The lower the level of hockey, the more elements of good vs. evil are needed for entertainment(somewhat of a pro wrestling mentality).  The FPHL seems to have more of that than the SPHL.  The SPHL has begun taking itself way too seriously.

Edited by Upper Deck Larry

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

Where are the 4 Horsemen when you need them?

Which version?

Edited by JMC-STL
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Which version?

This version.

Original 4 Horsemen.jpg

Edited by Mayhem_Fan

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

How about this version?

four-horsemen-notre-dame.jpg

Well, I was not familiar with them until now. But,I will stay with my choice due to the pro wrestling mentality mentioned above. Plus while they are old men now, they are still living. I am not sure about all the wrestlers who were members but, the original four are. 

Edited by Mayhem_Fan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

These days, potentially more like these: 

Image result for 4 horsemen of the apocalypse images

Can we skip right to Tribulation, Heavenly Signs & the Seven Trumpets and get this social distancing behind us?  😇

Edited by JMC-STL

6 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Can we skip right to Tribulation, Heavenly Signs & the Seven Trumpets and get this social distancing behind us?  😇

NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!! We might be able to postpone the "Tribulations, Heavenly Signs & the Seven Trumpets", but look at what's happened in Hong Kong- a reduction in COVID-19 infections because of the lock-down, then "social distancing" policy relaxed, and now a resurgence on COVID-19 cases. Hard economic times are upon us (I'm a doctor, not an economist, Jim!) but we've got to get this pandemic under control first. Doc

• Thanks 1