Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernHockeyGirl

Marksmen in Peril as SPHL Cancels Remainder of Season

Posted (edited)

Winning definitely helps the experience for me. The end of last season and the first part of this one was brutal. It was getting better the last 10 to 15 games until............ 😒

Edited by Mayhem_Fan
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AuburnAL said:

Seems true.  Thus far based on stuff posted here that the teams have issued Huntsville and Macon have given positive signals they’ll definitely be back next season.  Has anyone seen anything stated as a definite from other franchises?

I'll post an article in Roanoke's about ours that I forgot to post.  It said Roanoke will definitely be back next year.

1 hour ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

Winning definitely helps the experience for me. The end of last season and the first part of this one was brutal. It was getting better the last 10 to 15 games until............ 😒

Same for Roanoke.  We were competitive in every game we were playing in, even beating the best teams in the league.  Felt it was going to be an exciting finish til the end for last 2 playoff spots, but now we will never know how it turned out.  Next 5 games were against Birmingham and Quad City.  For the second year in a row Quad City has still never visited Roanoke.  Better not throw in another season with no visit.

5 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Same for Roanoke.  We were competitive in every game we were playing in, even beating the best teams in the league.  Felt it was going to be an exciting finish til the end for last 2 playoff spots, but now we will never know how it turned out.  Next 5 games were against Birmingham and Quad City.  For the second year in a row Quad City has still never visited Roanoke.  Better not throw in another season with no visit.

I noticed that. You guys were playing much better at the end. At the start of this season, it is fair to say we had the 2 worst teams.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, AuburnAL said:

Is it all somehow less pure if it is about the experience of winning?

Sorry, that statement was basically an inside joke. A couple of my FAY comrades on here get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Wonder if all the new Corona virus public restrictions will affect the yard sale in the Crown parking lot? 

Is this a rhetorical question?  :dontgetit:

3 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

No, a real curiosity. The state has limits on crowds and is possibly about to tighten rules on businesses allowed to be open. Guess time will tell.

If they have to change it, maybe they can do an online auction or something.

31 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Maybe they can limit it to small groups and will be able to proceed as planned.

Where do the other "small groups" congregate while the first "small group" does their shopping?

Maybe in their cars nearby since the event is in the parking lot anyway? Who knows. If the governor puts a "shelter in place" order beforehand, I highly doubt any non-emergency shopping will be defined as "essential", thereby putting a further strain on already strained businesses.

2 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

... If the governor puts a "shelter in place" order beforehand, I highly doubt any non-emergency shopping will be defined as "essential", thereby putting a further strain on already strained businesses.

Your state has 398 confirmed cases as of Tuesday noon.  What's your governor waiting for?

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Your state has 398 confirmed cases as of Tuesday noon.  What's your governor waiting for?

Maybe for Peoria to win a Presidents cup

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Hawkeye34 said:

Maybe for Peoria to win a Presidents cup

By all accounts, Jean-Guy is still alive.  So the quest will continue, virus or not.

Governor Cooper signed a "stay at home" order to go in effect Monday at 5 pm. According to the limitations listed, no gatherings of 10 or more people are allowed.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/nc-governor-issues-statewide-stay-at-home-order/19032199/