Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
AuburnAL

Can you believe that with all the events of the last week nothing has been posted on Bus League Hockey?

Serious minor league hockey news generation that is still ongoing, and the most recent article is from a few weeks back about $5 nights.

I do not care for Bus League Hockey. I think the Sin Bin is a much better source.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

I do not care for Bus League Hockey. I think the Sin Bin is a much better source.

SinBin is much more knowledgeable and professional.  BLH is attention seeking and many posts are just bait for web & social media traffic and interaction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

SinBin is much more knowledgeable and professional.  BLH is attention seeking and many posts are just bait for web & social media traffic and interaction.

Not only that, the Sin Bin site is organized better. The important stuff is on the homepage. With BLH, you have to use the navigation links at the top mainly the social link to find anything of any value. As you said, social media traffic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AuburnAL said:

What is the sin bin?

5 hours ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

Here is the link.

https://thesinbin.net/

3 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Mike Campos (SPHL Sin Bin) and other writers do an EXCELLENT job of covering this league professionally.

They do or did weekly podcasts.....and the two who talk are Campos and Harding. They had weekly guests as well. Campos was a die-hard Louisana IceGators fan (ECHL/SPHL), Harding is a Wichita fan (CHL/ECHL). They are really good and cover AHL, ECHL, SPHL...not sure about the FPHL, but wouldn't be surprised. 

Posted (edited)

Rumor has it the BLH Boyz all lost their full-time night manager jobs @ Chuck E. Cheese, and had to quit blogging to qualify for some of the Federal Coronavirus stimulus payouts.

Edited by JMC-STL
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

They do or did weekly podcasts.....and the two who talk are Campos and Harding. They had weekly guests as well. Campos was a die-hard Louisana IceGators fan (ECHL/SPHL), Harding is a Wichita fan (CHL/ECHL). They are really good and cover AHL, ECHL, SPHL...not sure about the FPHL, but wouldn't be surprised. 

I mean Bus League Hockey seems to have FPHL on lock so maybe they just let them have that one?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mark L. Richland said:

With all the rumors and speculation of AHL and ECHL teams that might be moving around this off-season, I have to wonder if that impacts the SPHL at all. Given how Huntsville is a likely candidate for a EC team, I wonder if the SPHL has a plan for what happens if Huntsville bows out.

Where have you read that Huntsville is moving anywhere,I don't see the owner there moving to the ECHL.big big difference in operating costs 

15 minutes ago, mitchg73 said:

Where have you read that Huntsville is moving anywhere,I don't see the owner there moving to the ECHL.big big difference in operating costs 

It's just my idea, never said its going to happen. Unless I say 100% happening its normally me speculating. 

1 hour ago, Mark L. Richland said:

It's just my idea, never said its going to happen. Unless I say 100% happening its normally me speculating. 

Why do you keep speculating that Huntsville will move up to the E? The franchise was in the old CHL and did not move to the E when the CHL folded/merged with the E. Mr Jeffries seems to be doing well in the SPHL business model, and he's a founding member of the SPHL. Why would he now want to move up to the more expensive E? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Why do you keep speculating that Huntsville will move up to the E? The franchise was in the old CHL and did not move to the E when the CHL folded/merged with the E. Mr Jeffries seems to be doing well in the SPHL business model, and he's a founding member of the SPHL. Why would he now want to move up to the more expensive E? 

Honestly, just the fan in me wanting affiliated minor league hockey. Love the SPHL, but the chance to see prospects (even if its the scraps) grow excites me even more.

3 hours ago, Mark L. Richland said:

Honestly, just the fan in me wanting affiliated minor league hockey. Love the SPHL, but the chance to see prospects (even if its the scraps) grow excites me even more.

Then you should watch pre-pubescent PeeWee hockey instead. 

• Like 1