SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Make Marky GM

Marksmen Records

Posted (edited)

I was inspired by recent social media posts by Roanoke showing franchise leaders in certain statistical categories to create the same for the 3 year history of the Marksmen.  Of course, the franchise itself goes back almost 20 years but I have no desire to track the stats back that far.  My source is pointstreak and I merely totaled the yearly individual stats to come up with the Marksmen leaders. Again, it's just for the 2017/18, 2018/19 & 2019/20 Marksmen.  I'll save goalie stats and individual season leaders for another time.  Yes, boredom is setting in.

Games Played

1. Travis Jeke   121

2. Jake Hauswirth 107

3. Max Cook 106

4. Tim Kelich  99

5. Brian Bowen  81

Goals Scored

1.  Hauswirth 47

1.  Bowen   47

3.  Cook  30

4.  Taylor McCloy 26

5.  Darren McCormick 23

assists

1.  Cook  78

2.  Jeke  56

3. Hauswirth 55

4. Bowen  51

5. McCloy  39

1.  Cook 108

2.  Hauswirth 102

3.  Bowen  98

4.  Jeke  68

5.  McCloy  65

Shots

1.  Hauswirth  488

2.  Jeke  447

3.  Bowen  336

4.  Cook  251

5.  Kelich  233

Penalty Minutes

1.  Brad Drobot  214

2.  Jeke 151

3.  Ludlow Harris, Jr.  110

4.  Brad Campagna  106

5.  Cook  100

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also proof that Jake has been a  great D man. It's not often that a  Dman would rank second in shots.  His willingness to play Forward when needed further shows his value to the team.   He will be missed.

Edited by pitch01

22 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

Also proof that Jake has been a  great D man. It's not often that a  Dman would rank second in shots.  His willingness to play Forward when needed further shows his value to the team.   He will be missed.

Did you mean Travis JEKE?

28 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Did you mean Travis JEKE?

Yes but is spelled it as it is pronounced.  I doubt that anyone did not know who I meant.  

• Haha 1

Just trying to make sure there's no confusion. 😁 Time will tell, but I doubt that Travis Jeke will be the only player hanging up his skates. A longer than expected off-season and so many changes in the world may lead them down different life paths.

So, if I'm reading this right, Drobot, who was here for 1 of the 3 years, still leads in penalty minutes? 

I found this interview he did with his current ECHL team about modern day hockey fighting.  It's worth a listen.

• Like 2

A majority of fans love toughness and grit in hockey. It's entertainment whether you want to admit it or not. It sells tickets and builds loyalty. As evidenced by the Fayetteville fans loving Malcolm Hayes and Josh Victor. Even that last home game fiasco with Roanoke got more buzz and interaction because FINALLY the handful of fans in attendance were engaged.

Good interview Drobes!

"So, if I'm reading this right, Drobot, who was here for 1 of the 3 years, still leads in penalty minutes?"

You are reading it right.  With Kallechy as coach Drobot will hold the record for awhile.   That's a good thing--- for the wolves ready to jump on me.  Just to show what I mean the leader in penalty minutes for one season in the 2 years under Kallechy is LeSage with 68 minutes.  LeSage could match that number for 2 more seasons and still not reach Drobots 214 total penalty minutes he had in 2017/18. LeSage would have to play into a 4th season to get the record and we all know 4 years for a player in the SP is on the rare side.