SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
pitch01

Markmen Allstars

Congrats to Brian Bowen and Max Cook for first and second team selections, respectively by the SPHL.

• Like 1

Clarification: It wasn't the League who voted for these All-Star awards.  According to this announcement, it was "SPHL coaches, broadcasters and media representatives" who did the voting.  But congratulations nonetheless.

• Like 1

Congrats to Coach  for being selected Coach of the year.  Well deserved.

.kmmjb.I'm

11 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Oh, I see Kansas City had hired Tad O'Had. Maybe Kallechy will get a well-deserved opportunity with another higher team. I'm sure this award will get noticed.

What makes you think he would like to leave Fayetteville?  The ill-timed ending to this season gives him unfinished business here.

I never assumed or insinuated that he would "like to leave Fayetteville", just simply stated that with such a prestigious & well deserved award, that maybe he will get a call from a higher league. After all, the SPHL is not just a development league for players. Many coaches & refs move up the ladder of hockey success from it also. Wouldn't you want continued success for all of them if possible? I do.

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

Wishful thinking by some? 🤨 Management next? :hmm:

Hockey coaching is a fraternity.  Hockey management is an old boys' club.  No need nor logic in conflating the two.

I'm with SHG on this point.  Kallechy would be foolish to ignore any possible phone calls at this point in his young coaching career.

Edited by JMC-STL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

1. Hockey coaching is a fraternity.  2. Hockey management is an old boys' club.  3.No need nor logic in conflating the two.

4.Kallechy would be foolish to ignore any possible phone calls at this point in his young coaching career.

1-4 all true. Kallechy may or may not want to leave Fayetteville. My post (Wishful thinking by some? 🤨 Management next? :hmm:) refers to perhaps some wishing that current management would move from, or just leave, Fayetteville, NC. 

Since Tad O'Had got the job as head coach of the Kansas City Mavericks, that leaves an assistant coach position open at the ECHL Florida Everblades. Maybe Coach Kallechy will get an opportunity there? Someone will be hired there for sure. They play in Estero, Florida. It's a beautiful little village near Fort Myers and Cape Coral.