SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Marksmen 13 Protected Announced

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kittrellrunner said:

That will be last year's list.

I don't think so. Wouldn't last year's list be from the 18-19 season, protected during the 2019 summer?

Edit : you might be correct. All the other teams posted 20-21. I usually put the year the season ended, like now would be 2020. 

Edited by RapidFire19
Added text

Left Unprotected

Goalies Danny Tirone, Benjamin Halford, Trevor Gorsuch, Brody Claeys 

Defensemen Jarret Kup, Nick LeSage, Ryan Jackson, Wyatt Trumbley, Donald Olivieri, Travis Jeke

Forwards Dylan Vander Esch, Max Cook, John Gustafsson, Canon Pieper, Ryan Kuhn, Frankie Melton, Craig Puffer

12 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

And just as expected, some Fayetteville fans think this is the list of returning players. 🙄🙄🙄

You mean they're NOT going with a 4-goalie rotation?  :dontgetit:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Well I'm glad they finally figured out what year the rights were protected for. 🤦‍♀️

Easy mistake to make.  2019-20 will forever be known as: "The Never-Ending Hockey Season."  :unsure:

Edited by JMC-STL
  • Like 1

I am surprised that there has not been more discussion here regarding the protected list.  Usually there are talks about who should have been protected and who should not.  Maybe everyone agrees completely with those who were chosen?

12 hours ago, pitch01 said:

I am surprised that there has not been more discussion here regarding the protected list.  Usually there are talks about who should have been protected and who should not.  Maybe everyone agrees completely with those who were chosen?

Little surprised LeSage and Vander Esch weren't, but Vander Esch will probably stay or get call ups to the E. Wonder why LeSage wasnt protected? Maybe going to Europe next year or gave his word?.......

17 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

Little surprised LeSage and Vander Esch weren't, but Vander Esch will probably stay or get call ups to the E. Wonder why LeSage wasnt protected? Maybe going to Europe next year or gave his word?.......

It is my understanding that LeSage and Cook have expressed doubt that they will be playing at all next season. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I guess that kills the rumor that all the players on a protected list are going to be on the team's roster. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Mayhem_Fan
Typo

Yeah, lots of folks think that about all hockey teams every year. Unfortunately, many of them express it on social media and never get educated otherwise. Understanding how it all works makes the game more interesting IMHO. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

Yeah, lots of folks think that about all hockey teams every year. Unfortunately, many of them express it on social media and never get educated otherwise. Understanding how it all works makes the game more interesting IMHO. 

You are right. All it really guarantees is you will not have to face them the following season. Hockey 101 at it finest. 🤣

• Like 1