SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Dawgs' 13 Man Protected List Announced

Not sure what to think about this one. Hopefully he has some concrete agreements with some players is all I can say. 5 out of the 13 we signed to ATO contracts and played less than 3 games, while 3 of them we signed to contracts that all played for SUNY Oswego and never played in a game. Then 2 that wasn't even playing for us at the end of the season I think will probably stick in the ECHL.  All I can say is it looks like we are going to have another huge turnover in players again this year. I sure hope Roudebush or Dill is coming back. It's going to suck if Theut is in ECHL and start all over with goalies again. Hard to say how this might turn out never seeing any of these new guys in a home game and some not at all. But you can't really critique the list either because you don't know why the decisions were made.

All I can say though is my predictions were WAY off. No way I would have guessed 3 guys who never even played a game for us would be on the list.

27 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

All I can say though is my predictions were WAY off. No way I would have guessed 3 guys who never even played a game for us would be on the list.

Quite a few left off FAY's as well......including the captain, Cook.

46 minutes ago, RapidFire19 said:

Quite a few left off FAY's as well......including the captain, Cook.

Quite a few I expected to see there is missing as well. Roudebush, Ortiz, Beer, Jansen, Schultz.  But didn't put Jansen or O'Brien on the lists because they weren't on it last year and made a return. Also expected Krause who was good on faceoffs for us. Never would have thought 3 guys who never played a game for us would be there unless coach has high expectations or they were the only ones coming back.  Also missing my fan favorite Josh Nenadal from the list. The human wrecking ball.