SPHL News Ticker

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

2020-21 Rivermen Player Signing Discussion

PEORIA — Ryan Cusin burst on the scene with the Peoria Rivermen last spring, played a hero's role in a critical March game, then departed to go back to college and finish his education.

Now he's making a return. The Rivermen -- technically the SPHL champions -- made the diminutive winger-center their first signing for the 2020-21 season on Wednesday......

No, technically the CO-champions:

TEAM GP W L OTL PTS PCT GF GA PIM HOME AWAY
Peoria 46 33 8 5 71 .772 150 105 818 20-3-2 13-5-3
Fayetteville 46 31 6 9 71 .772 163 120 538 15-2-5 16-4-4

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

PEORIA — Ryan Cusin burst on the scene with the Peoria Rivermen last spring, played a hero's role in a critical March game, then departed to go back to college and finish his education.

Now he's making a return. The Rivermen -- technically the SPHL champions -- made the diminutive winger-center their first signing for the 2020-21 season on Wednesday......

Technically the SPHL Champions, LOL. Ok maybe the Coffey Cup even though, I think Fayetteville would have had something to say about that with the 3 game weekend set they were supposed to have had the weekend it all came to an abrupt end. But if they are talking about the Presidents Cup, you can't be serious. I guess it is better to claim you are technically the SPHL Champs than to actually win one. PLEASE!

Edited by Mayhem_Fan

5 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

More wins, Rivs win!  NEXT ...  :popcorn:

24 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

More wins, Rivs win!  NEXT ...  :popcorn:

Sgt Schultz- you win NOTHING! Even Coach Trudel admitted this in the article in the PJS on 4/20/20: "But the hardest part is we didn’t get a chance to win anything and as a competitor that’s the toughest part."

10 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Sgt Schultz- you win NOTHING! Even Coach Trudel admitted this in the article in the PJS on 4/20/20: "But the hardest part is we didn’t get a chance to win anything and as a competitor that’s the toughest part."

Mr. E has since turned JGT's thinking around on that little detail.  Like I said ... NEXT ...

4 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Mr. E has since turned JGT's thinking around on that little detail.  Like I said ... NEXT ...

Sigh, just like several politicians- a statement with no supporting facts. Please document where JGT has spoken more recently on the Rivs' outright "championship". 

20 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Sigh, just like several politicians- a statement with no supporting facts. Please document where JGT has spoken more recently on the Rivs' outright "championship". 

Maybe a case of too much strudel. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

No political discussions, please, this is a hockey board.

Mmmmmm, strudel.  :2thumbsup:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

No political discussions, please, this is a hockey board.

Mmmmmm, strudel.  :2thumbsup:

Another political-like ploy- avoiding the original question with a deflection. Please reply to my hockey related post- document your original statement with a fact or facts- when did Mr E "turn JGT's thinking around?" 

OK Mod's. Some of the posts in this thread are out of line including mine and this thread is in need of a cleanup. We have been bad and deserve to be sent to timeout.

1 hour ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

OK Mod's. Some of the posts in this thread are out of line including mine and this thread is in need of a cleanup. We have been bad and deserve to be sent to timeout.

Did you just join AA, @Mayhem_Fan? [And just to be clear, you are in no way obligated to answer that question.]  "Step 1. Admit you have a problem." is achieved in SPHLforums as soon as you sign up as a member.  :dontgetit:

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Did you just join AA, @Mayhem_Fan? [And just to be clear, you are in no way obligated to answer that question.]  "Step 1. Admit you have a problem." is achieved in SPHLforums as soon as you sign up as a member.  :dontgetit:

Nah, I think anything related to poking fun at each other's teams is fair game. I can only speak for myself but some of the comments on here either seem to be directed at each other or they do not leave any doubt about it. That is what needs to stop. But, that is just my opinion. Either that or utter boredom has set in. 🤔

Edited by Mayhem_Fan

NB: the following is neither a political statement nor a personal jab. I still see no factual evidence that "Mr. E has since turned JGT's thinking around on that little detail." so I for one cannot see how the Rivs are the outright SPHL champions of the 2019-2020 season. 

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

NB: the following is neither a political statement nor a personal jab. I still see no factual evidence that "Mr. E has since turned JGT's thinking around on that little detail." so I for one cannot see how the Rivs are the outright SPHL champions of the 2019-2020 season. 

CD: If factual evidence is what you seek, you should consider consulting sources other than Mr. E.  "In vino veritas ... in aqua sanitas ... ." -- Pliny the Elder, et.al.

21 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

CD: If factual evidence is what you seek, you should consider consulting sources other than Mr. E.  "In vino veritas ... in aqua sanitas ... ." -- Pliny the Elder, et.al.

Politely asking:

1. Please 'splain CD- lots of meanings for this abbreviation- I'm not up on text talk.

2. Then why then do you cite Mr E?

3. And still no direct quote documenting JGT's "turned around" thinking re: the Rivs' outright SPHL championship. :cuphold:

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Politely asking:

1. Please 'splain CD- lots of meanings for this abbreviation- I'm not up on text talk. ...

As soon as you tell the rest of the class what you meant by "NB" ... inquiring minds in New Brunswick want to know ...

21 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

As soon as you tell the rest of the class what you meant by "NB" ... inquiring minds in New Brunswick want to know ...

nota bene. / Latin (ˈnəʊtə ˈbiːnɪ) / note well; take note  Abbreviation: NB, N.B., nb, n.b.

6 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:
  1. confutatio. desit.
  2. Would you believe ... because he's my sports media hero?
  3. egressus est exercitatio ad lectorem.

1. Cogitavi "carpe diem".

2. You crazy, mon! 😂

3.  Ego non legere PJStar. Pusilla, obsecro.

4 hours ago, RapidFire19 said:

The bearded one's persistent delusion that the Rivs outright won the 2019-2020 season:

"The Rivermen won the SPHL last season with a 33-8-5 record in a campaign halted by the COVID-19 pandemic."

• Haha 1