Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Recommended Posts

 

I was wondering about that. I seem to recall that subject coming up before. Pointstreak appears to classify them as pro.

Can anyone who isn’t blocked from communicating with the league find out one way or the other?

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
47 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

... Can anyone who isn’t blocked from communicating with the league find out one way or the other?

So what're you sayin' here, Mac - you've burned that bridge?  You & Greg should form a support group for disenfranchised SPHL fans.  :drunk:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
21 hours ago, Mayhem_Fan said:

Could it be that is because the Barry Soskin Hockey League calls itself a Prospects League instead of a Professional League?

Or could it simply be Barry Soskin?

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
  • 1 month later...
 
 
 
  • 2 months later...
On 10/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, MacGuy said:

In case you're wondering: SPHL Vet Rules.

He was washed up last year.  I can't imagine him a year later on Covid legs.  Is this just the Ice Bears trying to be fair to the rest of the league and give them a chance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

He was washed up last year.  I can't imagine him a year later on Covid legs.  Is this just the Ice Bears trying to be fair to the rest of the league and give them a chance?

With all the new talent that will be available he probably won't make the team honestly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 hours ago, mitchg73 said:

With all the new talent that will be available he probably won't make the team honestly.

I don't think they'd sign him to just cut him.  He's at a point, I think, they either bring him in or don't.  That's my worry  anyway.  He has great instinct still, but his footspeed means he has to guess right early or likely get beat easily.  I hate to have to watch him again.  Never liked him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
23 minutes ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

I don't think they'd sign him to just cut him.  He's at a point, I think, they either bring him in or don't.  That's my worry  anyway.  He has great instinct still, but his footspeed means he has to guess right early or likely get beat easily.  I hate to have to watch him again.  Never liked him.

I  think him the the other big dman from roanoke would make a good pairing...on paper this team so far is looking very talented ..I'd say all the teams will be though lotsa talent will be available from echl cuts and from college teams .should be a great season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
  • MacGuy pinned this topic
13 hours ago, mitchg73 said:

We are at 897 games played with price and armstrong so that would be our vets if they both stay.

Too many good players available to waste a vet spot on Price.  There are going to be ECHL cuts filter down in large numbers.  They are going to have access to AHL players unsure of their situation because of the AHL February start.  Also, would an AHL free agent play in the SPHL to get ready for February?

Edited by Upper Deck Larry
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
  • 2 weeks later...
 
55 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

 

When I first heard this guy was signed, it felt like mostly a bunch of hot air.  As time has quickly passed, it seems there may be more and more substance present with this guy than originally thought.  I believe once everything turns loose for opening night, there will prove to be much more here than just hot air.  His signing is likely to be a huge surprise and leave a mark for the entire season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, Upper Deck Larry said:

When I first heard this guy was signed, it felt like mostly a bunch of hot air.  As time has quickly passed, it seems there may be more and more substance present with this guy than originally thought.  I believe once everything turns loose for opening night, there will prove to be much more here than just hot air.  His signing is likely to be a huge surprise and leave a mark for the entire season.

I agree from looking at his stats he had 4 good seasons in college at liberty university but then again that's not even a division 3 college it's ACHA ..but he's played in the ECHL and also a season in hungary ..we look to have a pretty steady list of dmen coming ..right now we have 20 signed ,I'm sure there is gonna be quite a few getting cut from echl teams needing places to play so sphl and even the fphl are gonna for sure look better in the level of play this season ..I'm ready for some hockey 🏒 can't wait till opening night

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 hours ago, mitchg73 said:

I agree from looking at his stats he had 4 good seasons in college at liberty university but then again that's not even a division 3 college it's ACHA ..but he's played in the ECHL and also a season in hungary ..we look to have a pretty steady list of dmen coming ..right now we have 20 signed ,I'm sure there is gonna be quite a few getting cut from echl teams needing places to play so sphl and even the fphl are gonna for sure look better in the level of play this season ..I'm ready for some hockey 🏒 can't wait till opening night

Mitch, you are right about Liberty.  They play ACHA Division 1 (plus they have lower level teams).  However, they compete for national championships at that level.  Their facilities are as good or better than most NCAA Division 3 schools, and quite likely rival some NCAA Division 1 facilities.  They take it seriously.  Also, this guy was dominant at that level.  That level produces good talent, too.  With the small number of NCAA Division 1 schools playing hockey, talent trickles down much more easily to the lower levels of college hockey.

I'm telling you, this guy leaves a warm feeling in your shorts.  Just watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
  • MacGuy unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     

×
×
  • Create New...