Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

New software update

You may have noticed a few differences on the Forums today. 

Volstate is busy making the site even better with a new software update and promises some great new features.

Meanwhile, a few things have been relocated.

Starting with several of the post-editing tools, which have moved from the lower left corner of each post to under the three dots in the upper right corner. What appears there will depend on whether or not it's the first post in a thread and, of course, your level of Forums access.

Watch this thread for more changes and features. Or, share any that you've found.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it's an automatic reminder that we need more traffic on this Board.

You may have noticed a few differences on the Forums today.  Volstate is busy making the site even better with a new software update and promises some great new features. Meanwhile, a few th

Upper right hand corner of post box....the three dots

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JMC-STL said:

Pulldown menu at top right is missing from mobile version for Android.  Not a happy change.

I'm working on that....

9 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I know this is a work in progress, but I don't see a "mark forum as read" for each forum- when I click the "mark read site" way up to the right under the moving banner, it marks EVERYTHING in the entire sphlforums.com site as "read". Thanks.

For me at least, the only two choices in the upper right have been "Unread Content" and "Mark site read". Where did you previously see "Mark forum read"?

20 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Pulldown menu at top right is missing from mobile version for Android.  Not a happy change.

The mobile theme has been fixed :)

1 minute ago, JMC-STL said:

So am I the only member who prefers to log out on occasion?  I have not found a way to do that on the mobile version update.  :unsure:

in the pull down menu choose log out....its at the very bottom

43 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

On the previous version, on the upper right you could "mark forum read" for each forum.

I'm sure its buried somewhere....I'm still looking into it

15 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Also, how do I edit a post now?

On 10/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, MacGuy said:

Starting with several of the post-editing tools, which have moved from the lower left corner of each post to under the three dots in the upper right corner.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:25 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

On the previous version, on the upper right you could "mark forum read" for each forum.

Bad news on this front.  Invision eliminated it because they said it wasn't a widely used feature.  Nothing I'll be able to do...

This is what happens when you've got a group of code jockeys stuck at home for months on end, with nothing else to do but be "creative" with new scripts & styles for what had been a perfectly serviceable product without these "improvements" being forced upon the users.

"Therefore seith Seint Jerome: 'Dooth somme goode dedes that the devel, which is oure enemy, ne fynde yow nat unocupied.' " -- Geoffrey Chaucer, The Tale of Melibee, c. 1386

Now, there's a new feature I like!

No more having to scroll through the whole thing when someone quotes lengthy posts instead of just replying to them.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.46.12 AM.png

On 10/21/2020 at 7:25 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

I have good news for you.  I knew a guy......and I bypassed invision and had this coded in 👍  Enjoy!

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1