Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or LOGIN http://sphlforums.com/login/

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

2020-21 Ice Bears Roster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And 2 of those 4 folded that same year. Now, I know who to blame. 

And when not tending goal he tended bar.

Posted Images

Season Opening Roster

Forwards
##   Name             Pos   Ht   Wt    Birthplace         Age  Last Team                           
8    Colton Heffley   RW   6'00  215   Swift Current, SK  26   Allen / ECHL
9    Brady Fleurent   RW   5'09  170   Biddeford, ME      26   ICE BEARS, S.C.,Wheeling,N'folk/ECHL
10   Anthony McVeigh  C    5'10  188   Kemptville, ON     27   ICE BEARS
11   Stefan Brucato   LW   5'11  193   Riverside, CA      28   ICE BEARS
14   Austin Plevy     C    5'11  185   Langley, BC        26   Evansville / SPHL
17   Noah Corson      LW   5'11  180   Sherbrooke, QC     22   Div2,HockeyEttan(SWE), Evansville/SPHL
19   Mike Gornall     RW   5'11  210   Irwin, PA          26   Rensselaer Polytech Inst / NCAA
20   Connor Sanvido   RW   5'09  188   Maple Ridge, BC    27   FtWayne,Bram'tn/ECHL, Evansville/SPHL
23   Mitch Slattery   LW   6'00  185   Lino Lakes, MN     24   North Michigan U / NCAA
26   Josh French      C    5'11  175   Woodbury, MN       25   Minnesota State U / NCAA
44   Lincoln Griffin  LW   5'11  188   Walpole, MA        23   Gr'ville,W'cester/ECHL, Roanoke/SPHL
73   Scott Cuthrell   C    5'07  170   Waterford, MI      27   ICE BEARS
91   Nick Master      C    5'11  185   Broomall, PA       25   Maine / ECHL

Defencemen
##   Name            Pos    Ht   Wt    Birthplace         Age  Last Team                  
2    Travis Armstrong D    6'05  225   Smiths Falls, ON   30   Roanoke / SPHL (VET)
3    Kenton Helgesen  D    6'03  200   Fairview, AB       26   Idaho/ECHL, Evansville/SPHL
13   Patrick Murphy   D    6'00  200   St. Catharines, ON 25   Lakehead U / USports
15   Josh Thrower     D    6'01  215   Squamish, BC       24   Atlanta / ECHL
28   Andrew McLean    D    6'01  194   Waterford, MI      25   U of Wisconsin / NCAA
41   Alex Carlson     D    6'04  238   Lakewood, NY       26   ICE BEARS
52   Zane Schartz     D    6'01  190   Plano, TX          26   Erste Liga(HUN), Orlando/ECHL
72   Callum Fryer     D    6'03  215   Rugby, GBR         24   Lakehead U/USports, Toledo/ECHL

Goalies
##   Name            Pos    Ht   Wt    Birthplace         Age  Last Team                 
38   Joe Murdaca      G    6'03  197   Niagara Falls, ON  22   ICE BEARS, Adirondack/ECHL
56   Jeremy Brodeur   G    6'01  175   Essex Fells, NJ    24   Erste Liga(HUN), Peoria/SPHL

Coaches
Name           Role             Last Team          
Jeff Carr      Head Coach       ICE BEARS
Cory Melkert   Assistant Coach  Fayetteville / SPHL
Scott Picton   Trainer
Brian McQueen  Equipment Manager

• MacGuy pinned this topic

What is the latest roster I know hayden stewart was added for goalie and and a new forward that came from witchita echo and played do or division I Colorado college last season..also does anyone know if the games are on audio if so how do I find it thank you 

Correct. After playing one game in the ECHL (Wichita), Alex Berardinelli now appears in the roster at the beginning of this thread. Same thing with Hayden Stewart, who was previously idle this season.

As for audio, the two most likely sources are linked to in the Ice Bears Game Day Thread. Neither source was used for our road games so far this season (that I am aware of). We'll have to wait to see tonight if either source will be used for home games. In the meantime, I put the question out to the Ice Bears office.

There is also a link on the Game Day Thread you can use to look up last known audio sources for the other teams for when the Ice Bears are on the road.

Update on the audio.

The front office got back to me. They said there will be a link listed on the game notes in the Ice Bears app. I checked the app and the link takes you to tonight's Game Center page which includes links for Visiting Audio and Home Audio (which I assume will become active once they become available).

Way to go, Jeremy! You got this!!

Wow good luck to him..hope he does well ..well hopefully we still got murdaca still think we need to be looking for goalies ..there should be a few out there looking for a place to play

There are several talented goalies available some signed by fphl teams like Watertown and elmira and columbus and some cut by echl teams ..so hopefully we can pick one or two up

Apparently.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 10.07.11 PM.png

With Brodeur called up, EBUG Cramer released and Murdaca who knows where - that leaves us with Stewart and DiSalvo minding the nets.

I think you nailed it.

Sicard has 8 with Augusta, Bloomington, Huntsville, Knoxville, Louisiana, Macon, Peoria & Richmond. 

5 hours ago, SouthernHockeyGirl said:

With Knoxville added, that'll make seven different SPHL teams that Mad Dog has tended goal for. Anyone know who has the most different SPHL teams played for award? Dennis Sicard? Just curious.

3 hours ago, MacGuy said:

I think you nailed it.

Sicard has 8 with Augusta, Bloomington, Huntsville, Knoxville, Louisiana, Macon, Peoria & Richmond. 

Honorable Mention: EBUG-for-life Nick Niedert also has played for 7 SPHL teams (so far): Asheville, Augusta, Columbus, Florida, Huntsville, Knoxville, and Macon.  Four of those were in the same season (2004-05).

10 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Honorable Mention: EBUG-for-life Nick Niedert also has played for 7 SPHL teams (so far): Asheville, Augusta, Columbus, Florida, Huntsville, Knoxville, and Macon.  Four of those were in the same season (2004-05).

And when not tending goal he tended bar.

• Like 1

Brendan joins us after wrapping up a 4-year NCAA DI career with the University of New
Hampshire and Northeastern University. He is the younger brother of Philadelphia
Flyers’ James van Riemsdyk and Washington Capitals’ Trevor van Riemsdyk.